• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

What are some cute things your corn does?

I got my Anery when he was an 8 week old tiny little thing and he used to curl up in my sleeve at the elbow and fall asleep there for hours. He's now an adult and somewhere between 4 and 5ft and he still tries it, even though he doesn't quite fit. When he was a baby he wouldn't strike for his food, he would actually sit and wait for you to put his pinky into his open mouth before he would start eating. I love that boy!

Sneak wasn't very cooperative for a photo shoot today, but I thought this was pretty cute. Makes me think I should cue the "I want"-type ballad of a Disney hero/heroine ("Out There" from Hunchback of Notre Dame or "Part of your World" from The Little Mermaid) ;)

It was too cold to go outside today, poor Sneak. :) She hasn't actually been outside yet, but as soon as it warms up a bit more I'll take her out for some fresh air.

Attachments

• IMG_0700scale.JPG
    IMG_0700scale.JPG
    170.9 KB · Views: 260
I end up playing hide and seek with my snake, sorta :)

I'll hide around the side of her hide, and then slowly creep up til I see her in the hole, and she'll turn her head and tongue flick as if to say "WTH WAS THA- Oh it's just you o.o" and then as I pull away she'll come closer... then I'll hide again and repeat the process...

I guess it's more of "peek-a-boo" than hide and seek XD

I can't stop being amazed how interesting tight cracks are for snakes. Today, I was observing Nuppu when she was on her evening cruise.

She went for the warm hide (a coconut half), but decided to pass the front opening where she can pass comfortably. She then crawled on top of the coconut, where there's a smaller hole. No, not interested. Then she was going off, when she noticed there's a tiny crack between the substrate and the hide. She seemed to connect "warm + hide + tiny hole = omg yes that's the place to be!" and after that made a 180 turn tunneling through the substrate and squeezing herself underneath the hide in the most difficult way possible.

Of course, two minutes later, she was done with the hide and on the stroll again :D

I've had my year old snake for about a month. He's been fed 3 or 4 times and we've gently handled him several times a few days after feeding. He's been very calm and nice to work with but he's spent most of his time in his hide. He would come out at night but as soon as we were up in the morning or came into the room he'd go back into his hide. Last night around sunset I noticed a little snake nose poking out in my direction several times as I moved around the house. It seems he's getting a bit braver to poke his nose out of his hide in my direction. Maybe someday he'll come clear out when someone else is in the room lol.

After my Amel eats, she lifts up her midbody to check if she missed anything. Apparently, she finds it possible for an adult mouse to hide under her without her noticing lol.

Stella my normal corn, probably 4 months old, acts like she doesn't want to be held but after holding her she doesn't want to go back in the cage. It's almost a battle to get her back in the Viv because she likes being held so much she will try her hardest to crawl back up my arm. And as soon as she finds a comfortable spot on my hand she will just totally relax and not move at all. Lol.

Keo apparently loves my head/hair, the last time I had him out for a serious handling (he shed recently so it's been awhile) he got onto my head and stayed there while I put everything back in his cage (I had taken it out to spot clean). He was on my head for almost 5-10 minutes and really didn't want to get down.

132.jpg

when mine eats he alway tries to eat it from the side then he gets frustrated when that dosent work he then takes it in head first, its funny to watch

*When Ember tried to eat on Friday night, he went butt first first, realized that was not right and dropped it. Went back first next, realized that was wrong, too. Finally found the head and was like BINGO!!! And then made short work of it. HE looked pretty proud of himself for figuring it out on his own! :D

*Just now he was out and being active at 10am - rare for him - and hubby and I decided to get him out. Bwahahahahahaha! He had other plans. At the first rattle of his cage clips he was on the move into his hide. That snake can haul tail!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So, we let him stay hidden.

*Earlier today he was sniffing around the screen top, looking for a way out. His viv is on my dresser. I was laying in bed awake, but had not moved or left the bed yet. When I did, he coiled down and was like "Busted!". After I peed and came back into the bedroom from the bathroom, he was then hanging out on his log like, "Trying to escape? Who? ME?!?!?!?! Surely you have me confused with some other Upper Keys Rosy Ratsnake living here!". Ummm, yeah...sure.

Oh man, this was amazing (to me anyway)

So, earlier today I moved snake into her new Viv, what i've done for decoration is move two caves in there, each with a small water bowl outside of them, a larger water bowl in the middle with a branch going over it, and I've decorated the back / sides using thick cork bark.

First thing Snake did upon getting into the viv was to go straight up onto the cork bark. Climbing over it from left to right, just now I got a video of it which I'll upload later, but they were basically climbing over this vertical cork background for several minutes until they eventually fell off. It was just amazing to watch, I kept on zooming out to show the caves because from the camera it looked like a top down shot. It was just awesome.

I work out of town for week or 2 at a time when i walk in the door my kids and wife are waiting with hugs then the dog attacks me then i walk in my bedroom and i swear my corn hears my voice bc he comes out and follows me around the room in his tank til i take him out

Great thread that needs to be bumped.

I handled my corn today and checked on her a couple hours later to see what she was up to. Well from the looks of it, she fell asleep with about 5 inches of her body straight vertical against the glass with her head looking straight up. Almost like she fell asleep while trying to scale the sides to escape. I put my hand by her face and she jumped a little and went down, and started moving around her viv. She did almost a full lap around the outside of her 20 gallon and came about 3 inches away from my face without noticing that I was still there. She started another lap and the 2nd time that she came around and got really close to my face again, she promptly froze, turned her face straight towards me, and stared for 5 seconds flickering her tongue like crazy. She then calmly slithered into her nearest hide.

Sometimes when I do photos, I put my guys in a little upside down glass to get them to HOLD STILL. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. But this guy likes to moon me.

089.jpg

And then there's this lady, who gets undressed in her hide.

064-Copy.jpg

Lily likes to squish herself.

0b1ca85f.jpg

And this one's not a corn, but it's funny to watch her do this. (Keep in mind, she's approaching 6 feet long)

008-1.jpg

Back