CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Behavior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Behavior General topics or questions concerning the way your cornsnake may be acting.

cuddling corn snakes

Old 12-30-2004, 05:54 PM   #51
cornman1979
Quote:
If you want to criticize the war...write to the President...it wasn't my decision to go in the first place. Better yet, write to your Prime Minister...I didn't see him BLINK before jumping right in with the US. So before you put every problem in the entire middle east squarely on my shoulders...take a look around...you, being from the UK are in the same boat. Whether you agree with the war or not. I have the greatest amount of respect and support for the men and women that are over there. They are doing their jobs...and doing it to the best of their ability...not their fault the US President is power hungry and the UK Prime Minister is a tool.
I agre and am sorry if i offended you, it wasn't personal to you it was aimed at the president and everyone in the white house, now if you could provide an email address or phone number I could get in touch to save venting my anger and frustration on those not directly responsable!!

As to the 2 snakes in 1 viv i stand by my resoning If 2 snakes are in together and can "tolerate" each other they will be fine together from hatchling to death (natural, in my experience). " snakes can live happily together if they have enough hides (if people can afford an extra couple) and are fed seperatly.

Old 12-30-2004, 06:15 PM   #52
TripleMoonsExotic
Quote:
Originally Posted by cornman1979
http://amazingforums.com/forum2/SNAKEFORUM/forum.html
Have a look here blckkat and see what people think of my experience and advice!!!

As to the war maybe i was wrong to mention it but george w bush is still a wanker and so is the UK's PM.

Experience starts when you start dealing with an animal not 5 or 10 or 15 years after wards. I think if someone else had 20 years in dealling with snakes i don't expect them to tll me they have been keeping them for 25 and only have 20 years experiencs. Experience starts when you get the first snake, from day 1, from the day YOU bring it home. Just my opinion of course, but experience, good or bad starts from day 1 when you bring it home.
Sweetie...Opinions are like assholes...Everyone's got one! I am not impressed that you can pull a search up in another forum. I'm not even going to bother explaining why...I'm sure you can figure out that one for yourself.

It wasn't your statement about the war that bothered me (though I can't really say it even bothered me - I'd say I "noted" it)...It was the fact that you said "because you're american you think you are right." That's bull and obviously you couldn't think of anything factual to back up your OPINION.

In my opinion, EXPERIENCE starts when your are capable of INDEPENDENTLY taking care of and comprehending a given situation. Again, a 5 year old can not comprehend why the humidty needs to be at 50-60%, nor can they care for a cornsnake on their own. Like, I said my opinion. I don't consider you have "20 years experience." End of discussion. I won't talk about it anymore.

Old 12-30-2004, 06:17 PM   #53
Razorblade Jinx
Exclamation oh come on now.

Yah ok. You two SOOOOO need to break it up! Come on now! Seriously. I understand that having one snake eat the other happens, but I don’t see it as any reason to not house shakes of the same kind together. People baby their snakes WAY too much!
Honestly, the fact that they are constantly curled up together, in my mind, shows that they MAY like each other’s company! When ever I am at a pet store I always see snakes together. The baby corns are always together, the ball pythons are always together, the red tail boas are always together, the milk snakes are always together. Having two different snakes, especially if they are different sizes, is of course, stupid. But I think you are blowing this out of proportion!
So a snake may east another snake. People kill and hurt other people too, does this mean that all people need to be housed separately because they may kill another human.
Personally I wish someone would put a few non related adult corn snakes into a large vive together and see if thy curl up together.
There is new studies out now that show that, at least rattle snakes, do have social lives in some ways.
*Circe distantly crawls over my fingers to the screen and looks at it for a minute before crawling back into my sleeve) There has been new research out (true it’s about Rattle snakes, but still) that snakes are more social then we may think.

also, expirience from a young age does count!

Old 12-30-2004, 06:28 PM   #54
cornman1979
blckkat, It was my parent choice to let me have a snake at that age on the understanding THAT I TOOK SOLE RESPONSABILATY FOR IT EXCEPT FOR VET'S BILLS, which i did. Snakes do eat each other but on a minoraty scale (in captivaty, and when mis matched) compared to the amount of murder commited in humans.

blckkat do you think humans should be housed independtly? What Razorblade Jinx says is true, people murder each other and go to war against each other, so should we all live solatary life, no women for men, no men for women no women for women or men for men?

Old 12-30-2004, 06:30 PM   #55
Alias47
Quote:
I agre and am sorry if i offended you, it wasn't personal to you it was aimed at the president and everyone in the white house, now if you could provide an email address or phone number I could get in touch to save venting my anger and frustration on those not directly responsable!!

As to the 2 snakes in 1 viv i stand by my resoning If 2 snakes are in together and can "tolerate" each other they will be fine together from hatchling to death (natural, in my experience). " snakes can live happily together if they have enough hides (if people can afford an extra couple) and are fed seperatly.
I wasn't offended by what you said about my president...you quoted me DIRECTLY and said I think I know everything because I am American.
You are a bigot. End of story.

And all I am saying all it takes is a strong feeding response and a little leftover mouse smell and even snakes fed separately will quickly go from 2 to 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorblade Jinx
I understand that having one snake eat the other happens, but I don’t see it as any reason to not house shakes of the same kind together. People baby their snakes WAY too much!
Honestly, the fact that they are constantly curled up together, in my mind, shows that they MAY like each other’s company! When ever I am at a pet store I always see snakes together. The baby corns are always together, the ball pythons are always together, the red tail boas are always together, the milk snakes are always together. Having two different snakes, especially if they are different sizes, is of course, stupid. But I think you are blowing this out of proportion!
So a snake may east another snake. People kill and hurt other people too, does this mean that all people need to be housed separately because they may kill another human.

Razorblade--Show me the petstore that keeps their Milksnakes in one tank...and I bet they have more eaten than sold.

Yes..pet stores keep animals together to conserve space and provide more MERCHANDISE. That is all these animals are to them. They also get a writeoff for any animals that die. Housing snakes together is just NOT a good idea when you have the option to provide them with SEPERATE enclosure...if you don't...you shouldn't get more snakes. It sounds like you could care less if one of your snakes eats another one of your snakes...sounds like a waste of time and money if you ask me. People don't have a choice but to try to live together...the snakes have NO choice when you force together in one enclosure.

Rattlesnakes are among the very youngest and highest evolved of all snake species. They can be a social animal...at times. Cornsnakes have NEVER been shown to be a social animal as far as I have ever seen, read, or heard. If you can show me some documentation to the contrary, it would be greatly appreciated.

Old 12-30-2004, 06:31 PM   #56
cornman1979
By the way i've been using that forum since it started earlier this year. Its adminastrator is Steve who runs the corn snake site and my name on their is JOHN, with my signature at the bottom of every post. Check it out for yourself if you don't believe me, i'm sure vick m, who is also a member of this forum will tell you who i am!!!!

Old 12-30-2004, 06:35 PM   #57
Alias47
Quote:
blckkat, It was my parent choice to let me have a snake at that age on the understanding THAT I TOOK SOLE RESPONSABILATY FOR IT EXCEPT FOR VET'S BILLS, which i did. Snakes do eat each other but on a minoraty scale (in captivaty, and when mis matched) compared to the amount of murder commited in humans.

blckkat do you think humans should be housed independtly? What Razorblade Jinx says is true, people murder each other and go to war against each other, so should we all live solatary life, no women for men, no men for women no women for women or men for men?
Your argument makes absolutely NO logical or factual sense. You are comparing proverbial apples to oranges.

People are NOT captive pet reptiles in any way shape or form and our habits should not be compared to theirs for justifiction of your fool notions.

People RARELY kill other people for FOOD. Humans kill for emotional reasons. Snakes do not have the capacity for emotion. Snakes kill solely for food. A snake in captivity WILL eat another snake for a variety of reasons...this has been pointed out to you and backed up by factual accounts. If you choose to ignore it...that is your perogative, but please do not talk new keepers into doing the same...their experience may not be as vast as yours and they may end up being one of the stories that back up my position.

Old 12-30-2004, 06:36 PM   #58
cornman1979
You are the bigot, it's your way or no way am i wrong?
Just because i have SUCSESFULLY housed snake TOGETHER for over 12 years with no canablism you think you know my experiences to the contary?
I go off experience alone, which is what has stud me in good stead when other people come to me for advice (which if you go to the forum in a previous post i get asked for by name).

Old 12-30-2004, 06:37 PM   #59
Alias47
Quote:
By the way i've been using that forum since it started earlier this year. Its adminastrator is Steve who runs the corn snake site and my name on their is JOHN, with my signature at the bottom of every post. Check it out for yourself if you don't believe me, i'm sure vick m, who is also a member of this forum will tell you who i am!!!!
Your "STATUS" at another forum is of no consequence to my opinion (or, I would have to assume, Blckkats) or to the discussion at hand. How other people, that I do NOT know, and have no reference for, perceive you amounts to a hill of beans.

I swear...I am elvis...and these other people you don't know can verify that.

What a total load.

Old 12-30-2004, 06:40 PM   #60
cornman1979
why does it not make logical or factual sence? People in the UK and quite a number from the us who comes to the above forum house their snakes together with no problems what so ever. Fact tell me the percentace of corn snakes that eat each other? Whilst you at it tell me how many people are murderes on a dailly basis? then tell which percentige is more.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google