• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Whats the funniest thing your corn snake has ever done?

When Sev regurged, it didn't smell at all. Hmm.

Anyway, I've only had him for a few weeks, so I don't have too many stories. At this point, everything he does is just cute.

Oh nothing smells as foul as something that's been lying rotting in a snakes belly for a couple of days and then gets regurged!!!

My snake did it once and I tell you, cleaning up semi-liquid mouse is not nice!!! :puke01:

the day i first got my corn snake, he was very active and searching around his tank. I had a round, stick on thermometer attached to the side, and i thought he'd never reach it. I came back 5 minutes later to check on him and he was happily wrapped around the thermometer. I sat and watched him for a while and after about a minute, the thermometer suddenly fell off the wall, snake and all. It was quite funny as the thermometer fell into his water bowl, drenching the snake and he then looked up as if he was saying "you didn't see me just make a fool of myself"

I would have to say that the absolute neatest thing Severus has been doing lately is spending a lot of time around the front of the viv, against the glass. He's actually burrowed under his bedding, against the glass. It's like the snake version of an ant farm. You look over and see this snake under his aspen, but you can actually see him in the little tunnel. And some of his tunnels seem to retain some of their shape after he's moved on, I guess because snakes are so terribly careful and precise. I mean, more so than a cat.

Otherwise, nothing too funny, I don't think. He was on the edge of his water bowl once when I approached, and he backed up his top part (pulling his head and neck back) and it ended up in the water, but he didn't even notice. And it was cute when he threaded himself through his log hide, with his head out one hole and the rest going in another.

Not so much funny...but do any of your snakes insist on poopin' in that ONE spot where the aspen has been moved away, or RIGHT in the corner so it seep sinto the sealant, or on the glass in general? Never make it easy and go right in the middle so you can spot clean.

I'm not sure how funny it is, but one of the things I love about my hypo, Kieran, is that he's a people watcher. He only hides for about 24 hrs after a feed and then he's back out. He'll rest his head on his log or a branch of his tree and just watch.

When his tank was between the desk and the couch, he was always on whatever end I was on :) In some ways I wish he was more like Lady G use to be... she would wrap about the bra strap and just rest on your shoulders while you read or typed... but not him... gotta watch him every minute. He's still likely to launch out of your hands if you aren't careful.

With only the two I have no way to compare... one anchored super good and he doesn't anchor at all.

i got some neat funny pics of Stewie...

He does the climbing/falling thing everynight for about an hour or so
Everytime i come home or when i wake up in the morning...i find his head sticking in the air like a cobra.... he stays like that for several minutes...
He also has this habit of sticking himself out of the opening of his house... its ridiculous...
and when he is eating.. his new habit is to lift his food in his mouth and swallow it down.. its hilarious..

I can provide pics if anyone interested... if i find other funny things ill post them...

lol cursed witch my rainoo does the same throw head back and swallow down food trick as your stewie. Rainoo has also taken to playing peek a boo and hide and seek with me when I have her out for her exersise. I exersise her in a large cardbord box that has a few holes at different levels in it and every so often I look down to see her peeking out of one of the holes at me or peeking at me from over the top of the box. She also hides from me in the box by climbing up the sides in places where I cant see her body at all so I end up looking in to be sure she is ok. Of course she is always fine and tends to have this shocked look on her face as if to say what do you want, especially if in looking I have startled her and she has lost her balance and fallen over.

Cursed_Witch said:
i got some neat funny pics of Stewie...

I can provide pics if anyone interested... if i find other funny things ill post them...

Even as a newcomer to this site, I can tell folks looooooooooooooooove them pictures :) Post away!

my normal doesn't really do anything funny but my sun glow does one thing that gets me to laugh...he'll be sitting on my hand and then he'll go straight up(almost 90 degree angle) or at a slight lesser angle...he only get 4-5 inches of his body off my hand before he falls and i have to catch him so he doesn't hurt himself...and then he goes around looking like he's saying "you didn't see that"

Well, Battle, my anery motley makes a b-line for my phone whenever I am trying to take pics or a movie of him...

So I have TONS of pics of him stretching out his neck to try and reach the darn thing! lol Have one really funny video of him doing it too! :grin01:

My lil normal(flame) must know when he's getting his picture took because he will be sitting on top of his bark hide, and i will point my phone at him and he will immediately dart away into the hide, not so funny but i decided i would tell you. Also when i first got him he headbutted me as if he was trying to bite me but he didnt open his mouth??

My snake (newly rechristened Salmissra) always likes to crawl up my arm to see if I'm wearing a hoodie...if I am, she makes a beeline for the hood and makes herself right at home.

The other day I was letting her explore my desk a little bit. She bumped her nose on my glass of iced tea, then for some reason struck at it. *plink!*

Take that, Pepsico!

When I hold my snow, Rose, she automatically goes up and winds her way into my glasses and knocks them down. Annoying, but kind of funny. I don't know if this is just her wierd humor, but she also loves to flick her tongue in my eye while she's doing it. Every time. She looks at my eye, flicks her tongue out, and hits my eye. Ouchies for me.

my female marjory likes to wrap her self around my neck and go in my hair. however i got dreadlocks done not long ago.

so off she went around my neck and stuck her head thro the root of 1 of my dreads. it hurt like hell and she kept on trying to force her body thro 2 so in the end i had to cut 1 dread off just to get her out :)

The other day, Rose was trying to escape, and she was slithering all around her cage. I was watching her for a while, and suddenly, she stops, and looks directly at me. She stared at me for about 30 seconds and resumed her business. ^_^

I guess Sev's best moments are when he's burying his head in the aspen like an ostrich (and doing so against the glass so I can still see him) and when he pokes his head out to see who's disturbed him and then almost visibly shrugs and goes back to bed.

chibitamalove said:
The other day, Rose was trying to escape, and she was slithering all around her cage. I was watching her for a while, and suddenly, she stops, and looks directly at me. She stared at me for about 30 seconds and resumed her business. ^_^

LOL Chibitamalove, silly Rose should have pretended not to be looking so if she found her hole to make her escape you wouldn't know where it was... such a naive snakey you have :)

Kieran can spend hours people watching, he loves it when I'm near his cage so he rest his head on his hide and follow me around. Lady G use to come up to me when I was talking to her. I know they can't hear sound, but she sure would make you want to doubt :)

Well my corn has two places where he is all sorts of comfy and cozy when I have him out of the cage. Like most snakes, he seems to like my hair which and has a tendency to borrow in it. His other happy place is down my shirt and in my bra, and I swear he always has to come out as soon as my male friends come over. It's almost like he's going "Nyah nyah nyah. Look where I can go and you can't!" :laugh:

i caught corndog angaint the glass of his cage kinda shaking his head while my cat was straing him down, (basically taunting the cat) , funny part is the cat made this growling / moaning noise ive never heard him make before like he was realy annoyed (ya prolly had to be there oh and heres a pic of the cat watching corndog....)

http://www.imagefap.com/gallery.php?gid=355246

Back