CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Feeders
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Feeders Any and all issues about raising rats, mice, or anything else that you feed your cornsnakes.

Thawed Out In Fridge

Old 02-16-2018, 05:56 AM   #1
kdickens
Thawed Out In Fridge

If I thawed out a mouse in the fridge over night, but had to wait another day to feed 'cause life got in the way, would it be okay to use it? It wouldn't hurt my feelings if I had to pitch it. Just wondering. Thanks!

Old 02-16-2018, 06:05 AM   #2
Patmart
If it is just day it should be ok
Pat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 02-16-2018, 09:43 AM   #3
crackerhead
Treat it the same as any meat. Assuming your fridge temps are within average range, 33F to 40F-ish, the "meat" would be fine for a couple of days. That said, snakes eat stuff that is slightly off by our standards with no ill effect.

Terri

Old 12-27-2018, 09:02 PM   #4
dmccrane
when you thaw out in fridge - how long? and do you warm it up, if so how?

Old 12-27-2018, 09:15 PM   #5
kdickens
Just thaw overnight. When ready to feed place in a cup (I always use the same one!) of warm water. May need to re-warm the water a few times. Don't rush this step. When food item is warm it's lunch time! Just use common sense, everything will be ok.

Old 12-28-2018, 10:47 AM   #6
GeneticsWizard
I've always thawed frozen feeders in warm/hot tap water too... everything from pinky mice to large adult guinea pigs that weigh several pounds, and it works well.

I agree that a frozen feeder that's been in the refrigerator for a day should still be fine to use.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google