CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > General Chit-Chat Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

General Chit-Chat Forum Discussion about general topics that are really off topic concerning corn snakes, or just about any old chit at all.

How do you feel about God.

Old 03-06-2013, 08:29 AM   #921
Outcast
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
Actually I find the concept of a "multiverse", or multiple parallel dimensions, quite fascinating in it's own right. I had an experience when I was a teenager that shook me up pretty badly that I just cannot explain. A car accident I SHOULD have had did not take place. I just clutched the steering wheel, bracing my arms, and closed my eyes waiting for the impact with that parked car that filled up my view dead in front of me, thinking "Mom is going to KILL me", because I was driving her car. Next thing I knew I opened my eyes and I was PAST that parked car I was headed for, driving down the road slowly. There was absolutely NO WAY I could have avoided hitting that car, yet I did. So over the years this has haunted me. I tend to look for logical explanations for things, but this one just doesn't seem to have one. What the hell happened?

So the concept of multiple dimensions in parallel where all possibilities are happening simultaneously sounds intriguing. Can people pass through a dimensional boundary from one to another? Maybe I did. Maybe I passed into a dimension where I didn't have that accident I was waiting for. Maybe people do this all of the time, but don't realize it.

Have you ever run into two people arguing over a past event that they shared together that both are equally adamant about what happened, but both couldn't possibly be true? Yeah, people tend to just brush this off as faulty memory at work. But is it? Maybe a cross-over happens more commonly than anyone would suspect. Things just might be subtly different if you don't realize this happened to you, but you might doubt your own memory, or perhaps even your on sanity if you notice the difference. Maybe except in rare instances, you might not even know things are different. But perhaps CUMULATIVELY, when you are older and notice differences that have accumulated over time if you have slipped through multiple times, you just think you're getting some marbles breaking loose in the noggin. How would you know? What yardstick could you use to measure your reality against?

Perhaps a person CAN live forever, just not how we usually think that means. Maybe when you die you really do move on, just not this heaven and hell thing at all. Maybe the point of existence that is YOUR consciousness just MOVES it's frame of reference to a different plane. Maybe when you think, "I don't remember it like that", maybe it really WASN'T like that for YOU in YOUR past.

Heck, a while back when I had a minor operation because of kidney stones and the doc wanted to check for kidney damage, I passed out in the hospital when I went into the bathroom of my hospital room to urinate afterwards. Next thing I knew I had doctors and equipment all around me. They said my heart had stopped and they revived me. Connie swears to this day that I changed from that moment on. That I am not the same person now that I was before. Funny thing is that I SAW Connie standing at the door looking at me while I was laying on the floor, with panic in her eyes (I guess she was looking at me dying), and a couple of nurses forced her out of the room. Only problem is that this was WHILE I had to have been unconscious.

Oh yeah, in case you are wondering, she says she likes this rendition of me better than the old one. But where did the "old me" go to? Maybe the other Connie in another dimension isn't quite so happy with that switch.

Yeah, I know, all kinds of logical wrinkles in this concept. But is it completely and absolutely impossible? Heck, do we really even KNOW what is impossible? Maybe our definition of "possible" is too limited and narrow because of our own lack of understanding of concepts that we don't have the capacity to grasp.

Like I said, this is interesting to me. Now if I could only CONTROL this and pick and choose the universe I actually wanted to be in. Kind of like selecting a channel from an infinite number of channels on the TV. Let's see, where is that "King Rich Z" channel..

But seriously, perhaps we are able to understand the workings of God as well as earthworms would be able to understand us. Which is not at all.
That is a fascinating idea and experience Rich. I have to think on this for a while, because it is very interesting and could answer a lot of questions.... Wow!

(Edit to ask): Have you shared this experience with us before? It seems familiar.... But still blew my mind...LOL

Old 03-06-2013, 08:39 AM   #922
SnakeAround
He shared it before, I remember that!

Old 03-06-2013, 08:45 AM   #923
Nanci
Quote:
Actually I find the concept of a "multiverse", or multiple parallel dimensions, quite fascinating in it's own right. I had an experience when I was a teenager that shook me up pretty badly that I just cannot explain. A car accident I SHOULD have had did not take place. I just clutched the steering wheel, bracing my arms, and closed my eyes waiting for the impact with that parked car that filled up my view dead in front of me, thinking "Mom is going to KILL me", because I was driving her car. Next thing I knew I opened my eyes and I was PAST that parked car I was headed for, driving down the road slowly. There was absolutely NO WAY I could have avoided hitting that car, yet I did. So over the years this has haunted me. I tend to look for logical explanations for things, but this one just doesn't seem to have one. What the hell happened?
It's like An Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge, only different. Except I know that you're alive as an adult, because I've seen you.

Old 03-06-2013, 11:32 AM   #924
Rich Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeAround View Post
He shared it before, I remember that!
Yes I did. At least about the car accident that never happened. Not sure if I had shared that hospital thing before or not.

Heck, there are other minor things too, that have happened that make me ponder that multi-dimensional thing. For instance, just the other day I was rummaging around in my wallet looking to see if I had a Sears credit card because of a special sale they were running that required it's use. I found my old social security card in there. This is my original one, no doubt about it. Says "FOR SOCIAL SECURITY AND TAX PURPOSES - NOT FOR IDENTIFICATION" on it. Form OA-702. Rev. (9-61). Now back when I was in the Air Force reserves in the '70s, I was stationed at Andrews Air Force base outside of Washington D.C. in the data center there. Just goofing around, I stamped the back of my SS card with a "TOP SECRET" stamp in red ink. Just a stupid little thing done at the spur of the moment while bored. Well, that stamp is no longer there. Not a trace of it, so it's not like the ink had just faded, because the printing on the card has not faded at all, and there are no signs of wear. THIS card has never been stamped.

I guess you do have to wonder how many people might have gotten themselves thrown into the loony bin because the world they live in had become so different from what they remembered. And with no logical explanation, heck, many would probably not even mention it, it just cracked them trying to understand it. Heck, maybe it's just not old age and a deteriorating memory completely at fault. Or maybe it is, and your memories of your memories go haywire too.

Maybe Heaven really is nothing more than finally getting to that perfect universe FOR YOU and being able to stay there. Maybe there is a universe where everyone who has escaped death time and time again by flitting through the other universes finally winds up at. On the other hand, maybe there are other universes that are not nearly so pleasant, and those "bad renditions" of yourself wind up there. Maybe that is what we label as "Hell".

Old 03-06-2013, 11:40 AM   #925
Tara80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanci View Post
It's like An Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge, only different. Except I know that you're alive as an adult, because I've seen you.
Or maybe you didn't see him and just thought you saw him. Maybe we consistently traverse through different realities with new memories implanted in our brains; but we wouldn't know any different because every day feels like it's the same life we've always lived.

Old 03-06-2013, 12:28 PM   #926
Rich Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tara80 View Post
Or maybe you didn't see him and just thought you saw him. Maybe we consistently traverse through different realities with new memories implanted in our brains; but we wouldn't know any different because every day feels like it's the same life we've always lived.
Yeah, I try not to think about this stuff too much. It kind of boggles the brain trying to fit all the pieces together into a logical framework that would make some sense. Could get you to laying awake at night worrying that when you wake up you might find yourself in a different universe. So you try to look between the cracks to see if there is anything different today than what you remember about yesterday.

And I guess this would be a handy excuse for an aging and/or failing memory. "Hey, I DID take out the garbage! It just wasn't in THIS universe!"

Old 03-06-2013, 01:07 PM   #927
Outcast
It is similar to what a Buddhist friend of mine said a couple of weeks ago. When he goes to sleep, the man from the day before dies, and he wakes up every day a new person... He remembers the past, but it stays in the past, he has no control over what happened back then, all he can do is live in the moment.

Old 03-06-2013, 02:35 PM   #928
Tara80
Quote:
Yeah, I try not to think about this stuff too much. It kind of boggles the brain trying to fit all the pieces together into a logical framework that would make some sense. Could get you to laying awake at night worrying that when you wake up you might find yourself in a different universe. So you try to look between the cracks to see if there is anything different today than what you remember about tomorrow.

And I guess this would be a handy excuse for an aging and/or failing memory. "Hey, I DID take out the garbage! It just wasn't in THIS universe!"
HAH! I'll have to remember that!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google