CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > General Chit-Chat Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

General Chit-Chat Forum Discussion about general topics that are really off topic concerning corn snakes, or just about any old chit at all.

A day at the stables

Old 04-18-2008, 05:52 PM   #31
Tula_Montage
Shes frreaking mahoosive and absolutly gorgeous! Do you get to name her? If so, call her foofit!

Old 04-18-2008, 05:53 PM   #32
jazzgeek
Beautiful beasts, Janine. Bo is especially grateful for the pheasant photo.

But I've got to admit - I saw the thread title, and thought it may have been the working title for:

Name:  A-Day-At-The-Races-Poster.jpg
Views: 638
Size:  42.2 KB

regards,
Zeppo

Old 04-18-2008, 06:01 PM   #33
jazzgeek
Well so much for a good Marx Brothers reference. Harrumph.

regards,
jazz

Old 04-18-2008, 06:07 PM   #34
diamondlil
Kim and I chose Luis, because we both thought Loulou would have a colt. PRE naming protocol is that male names end in 'o', females in 'a', though. The foal can be registered as partbred because the stallion is an andalusian with rating from the Spanish studbook. So I expect the owner will want a name to reflect the convention. I'm going to have to think of some spanish sounding names ending in 'a'. (PRE stands for pura raza espanola).

Old 04-18-2008, 06:09 PM   #35
diamondlil
Sorry Dale, I was too busy looking at the new baby pics to see your reply!

Old 04-18-2008, 09:44 PM   #36
patm1313
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weebonilass View Post
Congrads! I love the smell of foals... better even than puppies
Dog poo Vs. Horse Poo.... Hm..... I think dog poo.

Old 04-18-2008, 09:51 PM   #37
Hypancistrus
That looks like a lot of fun. I am one of those weird people who thinks that pretty much any animal-related chore is enjoyable... even cage cleaning. I am hoping to start taking some riding lessons next year. We shall see.

Old 04-18-2008, 10:52 PM   #38
ghosthousecorns
Gorgeous filly! Here's some spanish words ending in a to get you going...
Condesa (Countess)
Bandida (Bandit)
Preciosa (Precious)
Consentida (Spoiled or pampered one)
Traviesa (Mischevious)
Candela (candle)
Peregrina (Pilgrim)
Payasa (clown)

Old 04-19-2008, 03:42 AM   #39
diamondlil
Thanks Jen, I'll present those suggestions to the owner. His 6 expected foals will probably all be sold this year, so I'll be making the most of the time I have with them.
Coconuts, my other friend's pony, is also in foal to the same stallion and due any day, but her foal will be a keeper She's now bagged up with some waxing so I'm expecting an incoherent 'phone call at any time.

Old 04-19-2008, 03:53 AM   #40
diamondlil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypancistrus View Post
That looks like a lot of fun. I am one of those weird people who thinks that pretty much any animal-related chore is enjoyable... even cage cleaning. I am hoping to start taking some riding lessons next year. We shall see.
Riding lessons around here are so expensive that having friends with their own ponies, especially with them both being prepared to start me off right from the basics, is an incredible stroke of luck. The contrast to where I live (urban jungle) and work (NHS coalface) with spending time in Cathy's field or the stables where Kim works makes pulling ragwort or clearing poop like a breath of fresh air. (Horse poop is much less distressing to clear up than human poop!).

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google