CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > General Chit-Chat Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

General Chit-Chat Forum Discussion about general topics that are really off topic concerning corn snakes, or just about any old chit at all.

WOOOT BARRACK OBAMA

Old 11-06-2008, 02:09 AM   #71
The_Thunderer
Quote:
Originally Posted by TandJ View Post
Indirectly yes.. I was in Canada before the election of 2004 .. If John Kerry would have been elected, I was going to surrender my Green Card and find a way to move the last two members ( who are US Citizens ) up to Canada.. Fortunantly for my family, Bush won the election in 2004, although these last few years GWB has been nothing short of lack lustre.

Obama does not worry me much... I just hope he learned some lessons from JFK and Ronald Regan, as I fear we are going to have a test within the next year.. I hope I am wrong, but it seems likely we are going to have to be on the defense...
I don't know what you're talking about... I think that was well said.

Old 11-06-2008, 02:24 AM   #72
ForkedTung
Quote:
Originally Posted by TandJ View Post

Are we dealing with Demicans and Republicrats?

Regards.. Tim of T and J
Now that's a great question. We have Republicans that espouse Democratic ideals and vice versa, left and right, extremist and moderate leaning dems and publicans...it's getting hard to tell these two creatures apart. There is one thing that both parties stand firmly together on though...Keeping it just the two parties. It's practically impossible for a third party to make any headway into politics in this country. In this great capitalist society I can go to the grocery store and exercise my democratic right to pick from 52 different kinds of cereal or 6 different flavors of frosted shredded wheat squares, but how many political parties are there? TWO?, just the two?
Not only do the parties need to split ( at least once each) so we can get a better idea where they are ( their platform) on most of the countries pressing issues, but they need to make it accessible for other parties to partake in the politics. IMHO

Old 11-06-2008, 02:47 AM   #73
loxocemus
Congratulation's on your new president elect, i honestly never thought it would happen, that you as a country would have the courage to step into the unknown and risk a lot for a better america and hence a better world, but you have and you have my admiration, as mrs nixon cooper, a woman whose birth was at a time where slavery was still fresh and in a lot of ways alive in american society, when policitians broke promises even before the ink was dry said "After a while, we will all be one. That's what I look forward to."

The world looks on and we hope for better times.

again congratulations

rgds
Edward

Old 11-06-2008, 10:16 PM   #74
chemical69
Quote:
Originally Posted by loxocemus View Post
Congratulation's on your new president elect, i honestly never thought it would happen, that you as a country would have the courage to step into the unknown and risk a lot for a better america and hence a better world, but you have and you have my admiration, as mrs nixon cooper, a woman whose birth was at a time where slavery was still fresh and in a lot of ways alive in american society, when policitians broke promises even before the ink was dry said "After a while, we will all be one. That's what I look forward to."

The world looks on and we hope for better times.

again congratulations

rgds
Edward
thx man thats some real sht u put out:: excuse my language

Old 11-06-2008, 11:59 PM   #75
TandJ
Quote:
I don't know what you're talking about... I think that was well said.
I can explain a little.. I am an Ex Canadian Pat.. My youngest, is mine direct blood hench can qaulify without the hoops to jump through for Canadian Citizenship.. I had a few issues in 2004 that caused me to return to Canada for a few monthes, and whilist there I paid some attention to the elections going on in the US.. I am not a US Citizen as I on ly hold a green Card, making me a legal Registered Alien..

I personally hope Obama can have a bit of a mean streak in him where he is not going to use just diplomatic attepmts if there is a strike on US soil or US targets.. JFK stood up to Kruschev ( Sp? ) adverting the Cuban Missle Crisis and well Mr Regan seen the releash of the prisoners with the Middle East Hostage standoff.. Hopefully there lays a tiger withen the peaceful man..

Regards.. Tim of T and J

Old 11-07-2008, 11:43 AM   #76
snakemom1961
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbiesCornField View Post
It's definitely going to be an interesting 4 years. Unfortunately for me, I didn't like EITHER candidate, so for me, it was choose between the lesser of the two evils... and for me, that happened to be Obama.
I realize this is a bit late. But I agree with Robbie. He truly was the lesser of 2 evils for me. I hope he proves to me that I made the right decision. Afterall this is the FIRST time in all my voting years I chose to vote democrat. I do hope I wasn't wrong.

Old 11-08-2008, 12:53 AM   #77
Dachirsuhaco
Quote:
Originally Posted by chemical69 View Post
whoever badmouthed obama your wrong... he will be a good president, and I believe he will make a change but only time will tell
Nice opinion. I've got my own, I think we are screwed. Most people hate the President by the end of his reign, I dont doubt that will happen again. But then again, quite a few people hate him already. Lucky dog, he doesnt have to worry too much about half of America hating him later on.

Old 11-08-2008, 01:12 AM   #78
ForkedTung
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dachirsuhaco View Post
Lucky dog, he doesnt have to worry too much about half of America hating him later on.
Actually less than half. The president elect actually had more than half of the population vote for him,unlike our current president that although half of the voters did NOT vote for him, he slid by through the electoral college.

Old 11-08-2008, 01:12 AM   #79
The_Thunderer
Quote:
Nice opinion. I've got my own, I think we are screwed. Most people hate the President by the end of his reign, I dont doubt that will happen again. But then again, quite a few people hate him already. Lucky dog, he doesnt have to worry too much about half of America hating him later on.
I WOULD tend to agree with you... however, with the media being behind him and supporting his every move, there's really no telling with this one...

Old 11-08-2008, 01:51 AM   #80
jazzgeek
Quote:
Nice opinion. I've got my own, I think we are screwed. Most people hate the President by the end of his reign, I dont doubt that will happen again.
Equally nice opinion.

Me, I prefer to deal in facts, and not in a subjective phrase like "most people".

Here's a table of "End of Presidency Approval Ratings" (source: ABC News), taken at the end of their respective "terms" (only monarchs have a "reign").

Bill Clinton (2001) 65%
Ronald Reagan (1989) 64
Dwight Eisenhower
(1961)
John F. Kennedy (1963) 63
George H.W. Bush
(1993)
Gerald Ford
(1977)
Lyndon Johnson
(1969)
Jimmy Carter (1981) 34
Richard Nixon
(1974)

Unless you've been deprived of access of all media for the past four years, I think you already know where George W. Bush will be placed in this list.

Quote:
But then again, quite a few people hate him already.
Evidently, not enough to have elected someone else...and that's just by going with the popular vote, which is NOT how the POTUS is put into office.

If you want to go by electoral vote, which is how a President IS Constitutionally placed into office, here's a fun fact:

Take the two MOST populous states (and thus, the ones with the most electoral votes), California and New York. Consistently "blue" states, right? They ALWAYS vote for the Democratic candidate. CA has 55 electoral votes; NY has 31. Combined, that's 86 electoral votes, almost one-third of the 270 needed to elect a POTUS.

Now, take those 86 electoral votes from those two states, and give them to McCain. That's right, "spot" McCain an instant 86-0 lead.

And guess what? Obama, without his two largest states, would still have won the election.

Quote:
Lucky dog, he doesnt have to worry too much about half of America hating him later on.
As Dachirsuhaco said, time will tell.

Dale

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google