CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > General Chit-Chat Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

General Chit-Chat Forum Discussion about general topics that are really off topic concerning corn snakes, or just about any old chit at all.

I has a shiny!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-01-2010, 06:07 PM   #31
Carinata
Maybe you could use the god given power of ignore?

Old 01-01-2010, 06:07 PM   #32
Hypancistrus
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakemaster24 View Post
It never takes skills! Its called search. All i am sayign is it seems like the only posts she finds it neseccary to post on are ones where I get a new animal OR when she thinks I am in a corner....
Well, as you've been told in the past, it's a matter of first impressions and consistency. Remember this when you get your first job... that first impression WILL last a lifetime (on here it's just inconvenient-- in life it can be devestating). Also realize that there are a LOT of people who have backed you up in the past only to have you unhinge yourself again... someone said a few weeks ago it's sometimes like you cannot decide if you want to be David the child or David the young adult. David the young adult can be fun to talk to and posts interesting and informative threads. David the child is... well... childish. And not so fun.

I've seen more of David the young adult lately. I even repped you on a particular post a few days back. Maybe this is a turning point for you in your life. A lot of people hope it is... BUT... many of us have been burned by hope in the past with regards to you.

Be consistent in your young adult behavior. Be polite. Be thoughtful. It will take time, but in the end it will be worth it.

Old 01-01-2010, 06:12 PM   #33
Carinata
Lauren there is a list of people on this forum I would give all my respect to. I would call the Sir and Mam and be very polite. But you must realize that people jump on me! It is like Santoku my adiated. He is geat whne you are slow moving and just let him be him. Sure he is flippy and insane but when you surprice him you get a puffy snake that is hissin, striking, and actually chasing you (He does do that!). My issue is there have been 2 instance in 1 week where Nancy has jumped on me on her idea of what a particular post means and there is a huge difference between her thoughts and what the OP wanted it to be. Eminem said it best "Words are a * they can be great or they can degrate or even worse they can teach hate."

Old 01-01-2010, 06:17 PM   #34
wade
David, there are some people in this world who will never be satisfied no matter what you do. I mean look at this thread. You posted about you shinny and now you’re getting dumped on. If you were my kid I’d advise you to just ignore the little people and enjoy the rest of the world. Don’t argue with them, you’re just giving them more attention than they deserve.

Old 01-01-2010, 06:18 PM   #35
LBoz
David, seriously...spell check!!!! It's your (and our) friend!!

As for Nancy, she's an awesome person. If she can forgive me, she can forgive anyone. You recently posted to another person deserving of your respect that you only use "sir or ma'am" to teachers, not to people on the internet. You speak out of both sides of your mouth, and people do not easily forget. If you want respect, you have to earn it. It's much easier to lose it than it is to gain. Trust me on that one.

Old 01-01-2010, 06:19 PM   #36
Kaminoke
Wait, did you just call Nancy a radiated rat snake, and with an Eminem quote to boot?

Good gravy, snakeman! You're supposed to use your powers for good!

And for the record, you continue to not call me ma'am. It makes me feel older than I am.

Disclaimer: Taking this post seriously may be hazardous to your health.

Old 01-01-2010, 06:19 PM   #37
Hypancistrus
Quote:
Originally Posted by wade View Post
If you were my kid I’d advise you to just ignore the little people and enjoy the rest of the world. Don’t argue with them, you’re just giving them more attention than they deserve.
Or he can learn a valuable life lesson from this about first impressions and the hell it can be to overcome them.

Old 01-01-2010, 06:20 PM   #38
Hypancistrus
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBoz View Post
If she can forgive me, she can forgive anyone.
Speaking of forgiveness, did you ever forgive me for posting those animated parrot .gif's? Or am I still on your "list?"

Old 01-01-2010, 06:22 PM   #39
LBoz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypancistrus View Post
Speaking of forgiveness, did you ever forgive me for posting those animated parrot .gif's? Or am I still on your "list?"
Oh, you've been on "my list" for a loooong time, grrrrrlfriend!!!

Old 01-01-2010, 06:24 PM   #40
Hypancistrus
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBoz View Post
Oh, you've been on "my list" for a loooong time, grrrrrlfriend!!!
Awwww, man.....

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google