CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Member Forums > Mystic Exotics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Mystic Exotics Welcome! Mystic Exotics is a small, home-based business in the PNW. Here you will find photos of my animals, breeding projects, and occasional random fun stuff. Thank you for visiting!

2011 Alabama Tessera F1 clutch (SMR Okeetee Tessera X WC Alabama)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-16-2011, 01:59 AM   #1
MysticExotics
2011 Alabama Tessera F1 clutch (SMR Okeetee Tessera X WC Alabama)

Here is part of the Mica/Taz clutch (Tara has the others). I have six of the babies in house, one of which is *literally* in house.

Mica07T (Tessera) escaped from me on 6/30, as I was cleaning (his) bin. He flew out & before I could catch him, he ended up on the floor, went behind the rack & went under the molding where it meets the carpet. (He-I think he's a male) is one of the non feeders. He had refused five meals offered, prior to escaping. (Maybe he knew that tube feeding was next).

I really hope he turns up (alive), but the odds are not good.
I have named him "Indiana" for Indiana Jones.

Here are the other 5 I have.
First is Mica01T (I think is a female)-this one is sentimental to me, because (she) is the first baby I have bred & hatched.
Next is Mica02AZ (I think is a female)-one of the three Aztec patterned babies, that we are calling "Taztecs". The Tessera gene has an effect on the pattern, without actually being a Tessera.
Then there is Mica03N (I think is a female) who has great borders, very pretty coloring coming out & a little bit of patterning.
Here is Mica10M(is a male) that has a bit of a Motley patterning, & this is the one with an "X" on the head. This was one of the non feeders. He refused 5 meals, & then I tube fed him twice, very small amounts since he hadn't eaten yet. After the second tube feeding, I left a small pinkie in his bin overnight, & it was gone in the morning! Woot! I skipped feeding him last night because he's starting to turn blue. I hope he continues to eat. (Fingers crossed).
One more Tessera, is Mica12T(I think *hope* this one is a male).
This one has been a better eater for me.

The theory of why so many of this clutch are problem feeders is possibly because mom was WC (captive the past 4-5 years).