CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions This is a "none of the above" forum. All posts should still be related to cornsnakes in one form or another, but some slight off topic posting is fine.

lost and found and lost and found again

Old 09-22-2004, 08:01 PM   #1
jeepdad
lost and found and lost and found again

I have a 2 year old Okeetee female that I've had since she was a baby. She escaaped from her 10 gallon screencover tank last winter and was gone for about 5 months. One day my wife called me to the bathroom where she found the snake curled up around the toilet paper roll holder. The snakes mouth was all gunked up like she had been burned, so I took her to my local petshop. The lady is a snake pro and she pried the snake's mouth open and put antibiotic on it and when she handed me the snake it struck me on the nose and latched on! She wouldn't let go and my nose was bleeding drops down onto my arma and hands. Everybody in the shop was laughing, especially my wife. Finally the shop lady got the snake to release, and I took her home. She got better almost overnight and her mouth was fine. I fed her a couple days later and she was great ever since. UNTIL about 1 month ago I went to get her out of her box and she was gone again- I took the weight off the screen lid and forgot to replace it! I figured she was gone for good coz this time her tank was in the garage. Well, saturday my next door neighbor brought her over and told me his dad had found her in the top shelf of his shed. She had obviously eaten coz she crapped in her tank that evening. This snake is the 3rd cornsnake that has escaped and been found by me over the years. One got lost in the spring and my daughter found it in the front grass one late august night. Another escaped in the summer and my neighbor 2 houses down called us in january and told us his mother found a snake, and it was the one we had escape months earlier. The reason I'm telling you all about this si so you don't lose hope when one of your corns takes off. When you least expect it you may find them!!!

Old 09-22-2004, 09:46 PM   #2
Flygning
Wow, you're pretty lucky with that! I haven't had any escapes yet, and I'm hoping I won't have to deal with one...With the mess my room is in and the dogs who think the whole world is their plaything, I'd have a heckuva time finding them!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google