CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Corn Snake Photo Gallery
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Corn Snake Photo Gallery Show them off! Post photos of your prizes and your favorities for everyone else to see and comment on.

Lost And Found Jasper

Old 01-04-2008, 01:33 PM   #21
jessicalb
Coming in late, so glad you found him!!

Old 01-04-2008, 01:40 PM   #22
Weebonilass
I like the "new" hide better anyway I remember Lady G going up into one of her branch things, although we could see her, we were afraid to pull her out and possibly doing bodily damage. After she finally came out the thing was tossed and I've made sure to check for holes, crooks and crevices before buying anything.

I'm going to be taking the mesquite log out of my Sunglow's cage when I feed him tomorrow... it's just too stressful getting it out. He'll get a cardboard tube instead. I have some smaller size ones left from Christmas paper. After disinfecting it, I think I'll give it to Daire. He's really outgrown the Christmas paper one he has.

Anyone else saved the rolls for snake hides?

Old 01-04-2008, 01:40 PM   #23
Nanci
I did surgery on Lily's branch this week. There are _two_ tiny openings up into that limb. I cut hers off at the base, after making a mess out of drilling out an access hole.

Old 01-04-2008, 01:54 PM   #24
Lynnea
So glad you found your boy! I've had a couple of experiences with those @!# branches, recently even. I tried the ice pack thing, didn't work. Finally, my husband picked away at it with pliers, breaking off pieces until the hole was good sized. Once she came out, that was it, it came out of her viv.

Then when we got back from a trip to FL Monday, my '06 pastel anery motley "Tokio" somehow escaped out of a 20-gal. viv with the slide-on locking top. I took the branch in there apart--no snake. I searched everywhere in the room--nothing. The next day, I did another search--and found him hiding under a little blanket on one of the shelves where I keep supplies, about two feet off the floor. How he got there is beyond me. And how he got out is another question, as my animal sitter didn't even touch his viv. They truly are escape artists--!

Old 01-05-2008, 01:39 AM   #25
CALIVIK
What a scare! Glad everything turned out grt! Cute photos!!

Old 01-05-2008, 01:59 AM   #26
lil_rab2005
So glad u found your baby

Wow, I can remember when I lost our snake, she's a beautiful one year old ball python but oh well lol... its devestating just the same as it would be a corn lol.. but anyways the first time we couldn't find her for 3 weeks and I found her about 2 am behind the toilet lol... man, I thought for sure she was dead so I already had tears in my eyes, but as soon as I picked her up, it was like she missed me (I know that sounds corny lol) but she curled up in my hand and stayed there for about 30 minutes lol...

So glad u got the opportunity to find her almost immediately. I was lost without my little girl for 3 weeks lol. I was lookin' around frantically every night hoping I would find her alive. Every one on here is so nice and helpful when I come on here with my stupid problems and asking for advice lol...

Have a great nite and take care,

Lil

Old 01-05-2008, 10:56 AM   #27
Bluebird
omg Nanci..lol...my Okeetee has the same log...and there is a nook he crams himself into too..lol....I have to wait patiently for him to come out..lol

Glad you found him safe and sound

Old 10-28-2011, 06:04 PM   #28
Faenaria
My little children's python got out of her cage all the time, didn't seem to matter what we did, but she always just crawled underneath it and snuggled under the heat pad. Bigger pad, problem solved.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google