CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

Feeding Fuzzies

Old 10-22-2003, 03:21 PM   #1
blitzbabe
Question Feeding Fuzzies

Hi-

I have a 4 month old corn that I was feeding f/t pinkies. I've been reading the info. on there to find out when to switch him to fuzzies. I've read if your corn can eat two pinkies in a row with no problem, you can probably feed them a pinkie with no problem. So, I fed him two pinkies two times in a row (a week apart) and he had no problems eating them and digesting them. I decided it was time to try a fuzzie last week. I put him in his feeding container and hw was anxious to eat it but it seemed like it took alot longer to eat it than usual. I know it's bigger but it seemed like he kept opening his mouth trying to figure out how to get that big of a meal in there. He did end up eating it and it digested just fine. But I deiced to look at other threads to see if I read the info right about when to move him to fuzzies. I later found that some people were saying if your corn can eat two BIG pinkies it's time to move them on to fuzzies. Well I only gave him small pinkies.

I'm feeding him tonight or tomorrow and I just want to make sure it's OK to keep feeding him fuzzies as long as they're being digested fine.

I'll appreciate any feedback.

Thanks,

Cheryl

Old 10-22-2003, 03:25 PM   #2
bmm
Yes its fine. My 3 month old hatchlings are already way on fuzzie mice.

bmm

Old 10-22-2003, 03:36 PM   #3
blitzbabe
OK, good. Thanks for the fast response. I was just worried since he did try about 2-3 times to get his mouth over it but he did seem very content after eating.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google