CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Feeders
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Feeders Any and all issues about raising rats, mice, or anything else that you feed your cornsnakes.

where to buy pinkies

Old 11-17-2014, 10:03 AM   #41
flamekitty84
snakes r def not evil. they do what they do to survive and thats it. I totally agree about the lack of education...only ppl who know nothing about them seem to hate them..and thats error on their part..and its sad
im actually kinda sorta afraid to go to a show cuz I swear ill come home with more...and I dont think my sister would appreciate more critters in the house :c

Old 11-17-2014, 09:10 PM   #42
smigon
Hi, I just wanted to jump in and recommend some good reading materials. If you weren't aware of the dangers of cohabbing, there might be other great things to learn about them as well to keep your kiddos happy and healthy.

Nanci has written an amazing care sheet, I have the link on the page I gave you at the bottom of this post. She gives excellent advice.

There are "stickies" at the top of most topics on the forum, and they are all meant to give great advice and bring up things you probably didn't think about.

There are two books I highly recommend, both written by members of this forum. There are others as well, all have basically the same info but each also have things maybe not covered in the other books. Reading is knowledge, and knowledge is powerful. You want the best for your babies, and that definitely starts with separating them!

This is a link I had written to another member, hopefully it helps you too.

info on corns

And you are right, I am so lucky to have so many great friends and snake people here in the Phoenix area to share orders with and get snakes from. It is a great community, I wish every member could be close to others in their areas to work with on these beautiful creatures.

Old 11-17-2014, 10:58 PM   #43
crzymom2grl2by
They both have their own vivs now, I set up the second one yesterday. I was really freaking about about the cannibalism and didn't want to wait another moment, also down the road the possiblity of premature breeding scared me too, and the sickness passing, etc. I posted pix of their new homes in a new thread.

Old 11-17-2014, 11:44 PM   #44
smigon
Yay! It really will be a big relief when you don't have to fret over something like cannibalism. Yes, some corns go through life just fine cohabbing, but as it has been said before: "there is never a problem until there IS a problem".

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google