• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

thayeri female

endrin

Hi all, im looking for an adult thayeri female breeder ( het amel is a +++) for next season.

Evening --- quick question, what do you mean by het amel in thayeri? Not familar with any hets in them as I raise and breed them. Are you looking for snakes from a yellow/orange trait/background? In general, thayeri are known as variable kingsnakes because can't predict what phase(s) you'll get in a singlr clutch ... lol!

I've never seen an amel. Lloyd Lemke used to breed solid black melanistic ones. I know those still exist, though they're about as elusive as a leucistic western hog.

They are indeed elusive and tough to produce .... also expensive if you find one so watch out for imitations ... people breed mexican black kingsnakes into thayeri blood to get blacks ... buyer beware .. lol! I know a number of people have produced yellow/orange lines (Dan V & Vivid .. I think). I have eathtones myself from Laredo, Lemke, and Cherryville lines. Still hoping to find some hidden black genes ... lol!

Robert Hansen produces a limited number of melanistic Thayeri each year. I think established hatchlings usually sell in the $250-300 range.

I have a male " tropical pink pastel" steve osborn line and it is amel. As i have never had the pleasure of breeding them as of yet i assumed they carry hets for amel?

23670_375166901935_7639126_n.jpg

That is a beautiful snake and George breeds some great looking snakes and has top stuff ... but I don't believe that would be a pure thayeri but a thayeri x ruthveni cross.

It is just that, and i thought i stated that but it appears i did not... So when you breed 2 normal thayeri their is always a chance of getting an albino?

So when you breed 2 normal thayeri their is always a chance of getting an albino?
There are no known pure albino thayeri. As it is no longer legal to import/collect thayeri from Mexico, my hope is that folks would keep the existing blood lines pure. But I know you don't always get what you hope for.

That is correct & I concure .... but all make their own decisions and I totally respect that, as I hope they would respect mine. As far as thayeri .... there are three phases which may have varying amounts of coloring or markings depending on lines, but no known amelanistic in pure lines ... just leonis, milksnake, and black.

Yeah Robert produces some real nice animals.

The melanistic thayeri are kind of cool but if you want a black snake you can get a MBK a whole a lot cheaper; and breeding a melanistic seems to take away some of the variability you might otherwise get. Variability is what makes this species of king special.

I hear you... I really love the leonis I get and my adults are amongest my favorite snakes. I do have several MSP I like as well, but there is just something about those saddles, bands, and pinstripes in the Leonis I just love. As far as black snakes .. I have and breed black milksnakes and they are very cool too ... lol!

I'm not sure if they are on an endangered list or not. Legal exports of live snakes from Mexico were halted in the 1980's

Might have something to do with lots of drugs arriving with the snakes? lol. Im dying to get a female for him, but i cant seem to find any i like ( im picky when it comes to a mate for him) I have bred him to a blairs and got one male and one female to hatch out over the past 3 years.... the male is 2 now and big and beautiful. My male refused to breed with anything else but the blairs...

Back