CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions This is a "none of the above" forum. All posts should still be related to cornsnakes in one form or another, but some slight off topic posting is fine.

Corn Snake Intelligence study...

Old 06-05-2007, 08:56 PM   #21
Voodoo
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBurkeIII
my snakes actually learned how to clean their own cages and refill their waters. what does the University of Rochester have to say about that....? Mazes and holes my ass!
My snakes make long distance calls to other corn snakes across the country that have also learned the trick. Just the other day, I caught my amber corn talking on the phone to this hot little caramel down in Texas. If if that wasn't a sight to behold, when I got into my living room, my lavender was surfing pay-per-view and smoking cigarettes with my cats.

Mazes and holes my ass indeed!

Old 10-23-2008, 10:53 AM   #22
Spiritwolf
===Give them a reason to want to wander through a maze.

True! Why should a snake bother with a maze without strong incentive when snakes naturally BUILD their own mazes all the time?

The intelligence of cats hasn't been scientifically determined either, simply because cats are too smart to do dumb things humans want them to do for no good reason!

---my lavender was surfing pay-per-view and smoking cigarettes with my cats.

my snakes AND my cats are so intelligent that they don't waste money on pay-oer-view or trash their health with cigarettes. Instead, they devised a way to live in luxury by their standards, with human servants granting their every need, doing their housecleaning for them, and paying all the bills!

Old 10-23-2008, 12:22 PM   #23
v_various
I *thought* I read this article before, this post dates back to 2003, and the last comment to 2007.

But it's interesting, so why not give it a bump, eh?

Old 10-23-2008, 01:25 PM   #24
tstephe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwolf View Post

my snakes AND my cats are so intelligent that they don't waste money on pay-oer-view or trash their health with cigarettes. Instead, they devised a way to live in luxury by their standards, with human servants granting their every need, doing their housecleaning for them, and paying all the bills!
Ha Ha Ha.. That's so true. They do use us for everything. Makes us sound like the dumb ones.

Old 02-28-2013, 05:37 PM   #25
wildlifephotographer
Both of my male corns have decided to try and escape their newer rack system tubs. I got them last November and only recently within the last month or so have they actually partly escaped their tubs. I don't know why they waited until now to try to get out but they did for some reason.
Maybe because it's breeding season and they can smell the females below and above them in the other tubs. I've caught them in the act every single time up to now and hopefully won't have any actual full escapes in the future to deal with. I've been lucky to be up and in the room every time they get partially out of their tubs. They are strong enough to push down on the tubs they are in and get their heads and part of their bodies out just barely hanging out in the front side of the tub where I can reach them thank goodness. Luckily, I have just put them back in and left them alone each time and they have so far always still been in there. I just hope they don't end up getting all the way out, ever.

Old 02-28-2013, 05:38 PM   #26
wildlifephotographer
I have had my oldest female for 7 years and she's always come out and said hi to me when I come into my room. Even now I can see her out in her tub when I come up to my room in the attic. She goes back to hiding after a minute or two.

Old 02-28-2013, 07:09 PM   #27
Nanci
Be careful with those escaping males. Snakes can hang themselves doing that.

If they are in a rack you can slide cardboard under the bins to tighten them up, or if in just bins, add extra binder clips on the sides.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google