CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions This is a "none of the above" forum. All posts should still be related to cornsnakes in one form or another, but some slight off topic posting is fine.

How to make your own Rheostat for less than $7! Detailed instructions.

Old 01-07-2011, 07:52 PM   #181
Jdog3131
Can you put 2 uths on it somehow?

Old 01-07-2011, 09:42 PM   #182
Outcast
I have mine set up to where they can take two UTH's each. I hope to set up an actual thermostat or two on my rack as soon as it is complete.

Old 01-07-2011, 09:51 PM   #183
Jdog3131
Ok thanks for that I wasn't sure.

Old 08-24-2011, 11:23 PM   #184
Sayjoo13
I know this is an old thread, but I just did this =] works great! Thanks so much to the poster for putting this on here! Saved me a decent amount =]

Old 05-02-2012, 02:13 PM   #185
Renosgirl
Thought this should get a bump. I just made 2 of these are they worked out great!

Old 05-02-2012, 04:46 PM   #186
Susan
Just a reminder, there is a copy of this thread in the DIY subforum and IMO, that is the thread that should be bumped as people looking to make their own stuff are more likely to look there.

Old 05-03-2012, 08:15 PM   #187
PAIN
Quote:
Originally Posted by DdotSpot View Post
Just curious if anyone has tried the second design, and how it has worked! Thanks for all the great compliments guys.

Dan
I just made one tonight. Just seeing how low the temps get as I adjust it.
Here is mine.

Old 04-12-2015, 06:56 PM   #188
Sherie 74 Shovelhead
Thank you so much! I had made a rheostat in college but that was 24 years ago (where did the time go?). I bought a new dimmer switch but there was a ground wire I didn't have on the old dimmer. Then I read 'don't worry about the green wire'. My memory came back, the teacher had us cut it off. Anyway, a little different after that cause I needed it for a foot pedal that controlled my Foredom hanging drill motor. But, point being, it was your instructions that turned ?? Into !!! Love the electrical tape bandaid, put a smile in my day for sure!
Sheri

Old 04-14-2015, 07:21 AM   #189
smigon
Or you can also go to a hardware store and buy one pre-made for $9.

Old 04-14-2015, 09:45 PM   #190
Sherie 74 Shovelhead
Cool

Thank you for the reply. I don't need to get a new 1 (yet), the instructions were/are great. Just wanted to take the time to say Thank You.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google