CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > DIY Projects
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

DIY Projects Use this forum to post threads related to home made projects for your corns... Vivariums, hides, decorations, accessories, you name it. Anything to save some bucks or give your personalized touch.

Snake room design

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-27-2018, 10:47 AM   #1
67temp
Snake room design

I'm in the process of buying a little farm in Pennsylvania. In the basement of the house is a room that is currently cinder block walls, concrete floor, and open ceiling joist. The dimensions of the room are 30'L x 14'W. I plan to make this room my man cave/snake room. How would you finish this room to make it a snake room? Leave the block walls, stud it out and dry wall, indoor/outdoor carpet, laminate flooring, down lights, 4' fluorescent fixtures, etc.... I'm also open to ideas for making the room escape proof or setting it up for hatchling production.

I plan to keep all my corns, 2 kings, and 2 Papuan carpets in this room all on ambient. I'm thinking an oil filled heater or 2 controlled by a herpstat. Since it is below grade and gets limited light from the small windows the lights will also be on a timer. Unfortunately since all 4 walls are block and it's below grade installing a utility sink might not be possible.

This is how I currently have most of my corns and kings on display and will be doing similar.