CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Behavior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Behavior General topics or questions concerning the way your cornsnake may be acting.

Possible Breeding Behavior?

Old 03-28-2002, 02:43 PM   #1
Solaris16
Possible Breeding Behavior?

Hi Everyone!

Yesterday I had my 10 month old male corn snake out. I have him "trained to poop" and he never poops in his cage. At the 48 hour mark after feeding, I take him out and put him on his "special rock" and he does his buisness. But this past feeding, I fed him later at night, around 11:00 PM and I didn't get a chance to take him out until about 65 hours after feeding. Usually when this happens he is cranky at first, but goes back to his happy self quickly. But yesterday he was crankier than I've ever seen him. He was flighty and jumpy, he never ever acts like this. I noticed that he seemed to be possibly exhibiting some breeding behavior, he was jerking his head around like is described in books. Is that what he may have been doing? Or is 10 months too young to see this? The only other thing that I could think of that could have been the cause of this was a change in air pressure. What do you think? Thanks as always! Wendy

Old 03-29-2002, 11:21 AM   #2
Simon
My opinion

well....its not unheard of that a 10 month is able to breed.....but then that is not what I think from what you have decribed.....

I would imagine that he/she might be in shed, or hte process of shedding. Corns snakes don't usally have that much or a temper. The most that they should have is when they are in shed, cause they can't see that well and it's just natural for them to be more devensive than useal...... I wouldn't worry about him being too cranky....haha

maybe its just his temperment because you didn't take him out after 48 hrs.......its hard keeping the 'things' inside....

Good Luck and Happy Herping!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google