CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Classifieds Section > Other Animals and Related Items Wanted
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Other Animals and Related Items Wanted Any other types of animals, plus caging, feeders, etc, WANTED can be posted within this area.

Red eyed crocodile skink

Old 10-30-2010, 05:00 PM   #11
Frenchy89
x79.99 but he will knock of 10 or 15 if you get more than one

Old 10-30-2010, 06:37 PM   #12
heatfreakk3
Thanks, I e-mailed him.

Old 07-08-2011, 09:13 AM   #13
heatfreakk3
Bump. I am still looking

Old 07-08-2011, 10:22 AM   #14
Stefanie
I've googled them to see what they are (they are really quite beautiful little things!) and found these in the process. GL

http://www.reptilecity.com/Merchant2...ry_Code=Skinks

http://www.generalexotics.com/lizard...-armored-skink

Old 07-08-2011, 11:47 AM   #15
pridecity
That's about the price I see them at my local reptile show. Only saw them once though. I wanted to get a couple myself.

Old 07-08-2011, 01:45 PM   #16
heatfreakk3
Yeah I've been dying to get a couple..

Old 07-08-2011, 01:53 PM   #17
Stefanie
Both websites have conflicting information on habitat, does somebody have a good link for housing the skinks?

Old 07-08-2011, 02:05 PM   #18
heatfreakk3
I've done research and talked to people that have owned them before, and their care is quite simple.. Basically its like having a pet wet tub. They hide a LOT. You want to have like moist coco fiber or other soil for them. Then add a few hides, and cork bark and your basically good. You can add some branches and other decoration if you like, or a water bowl, because they can swim very well. But really they don't need any special kind of lighting or heating. Just need to keep well humidity.

Old 07-08-2011, 02:27 PM   #19
Stefanie
Ah, thanks! The first link said sand / sand gravel mix as substrate and that they like to burrow in it. Which made it sound like a low-humidity environment.

Old 07-08-2011, 02:30 PM   #20
heatfreakk3
No problem. Yeah I know for sure sand is a definiate NO lol. These guys like high humidity. And I love them so much not only becasue they are bad a$$ looking, but because you dont need these special lights and aquariums annd everything. I'm going to keep a pair in a 30 quart plastic tub, with dirt and a few hides and water area lol.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google