CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions This is a "none of the above" forum. All posts should still be related to cornsnakes in one form or another, but some slight off topic posting is fine.

What is the easiest corn morph to see in a vivarium?

Old 02-18-2012, 02:10 AM   #21
CaliforniaKingsnake
Pro Exotics had the Albino Okeetee and a Carolina. So they should have those morphs

Old 02-18-2012, 05:55 AM   #22
bitsy
Just a few morph notes which might help:

- "Carolina" is just a fancy name for a Normal. Don't get carried away with the labels!

- An Okeetee is sometimes in the eye of the beholder - remember that you're looking for very wide, clear borders around the saddles. The term "Okeetee" can occasionally be used to dress up fairly ordinary Amels or Normals and add a few pounds to the price. Not saying that's what's happening in your shop, but it's best to be aware.

- The correct term with Corns is "Amel" not "Albino". If the term is used for a white/pink Corn (obviously not with the Okeetee), then the correct term is "Snow". "Albino" can be used interchangeably for Corns by folks who don't know the ins-and-outs.

In your shoes, I'd just forget how the morph is being labelled and go for the one you like the most. A clearly-marked, bright Normal, can be one of the most spectacular Corns around!

Also if you're looking at hatchlings in the shop, remember that colours can change quite radically in some morphs as they grow. Make sure you've done the background research on what the adults will look like.

Hope that helps - pics as soon as the new arrival... er... arrives, please! Some of us no longer have room to go shopping for more, so it's fun to help someone else!

Old 02-18-2012, 10:38 AM   #23
Shiari
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaKingsnake View Post
Pro Exotics had the Albino Okeetee and a Carolina. So they should have those morphs
Reverse okeetees/amels and Carolina/normals are about as common as sand on a beach.

Some of those morphs listed are still fairly uncommon, such as the lava and miami-motleys. And that's here in the states! Europe doesn't have the profusion of the higher-end morphs like we do. Heck, charcoals are still quite rare there and that's from breeders!

If you *really* want to get one of those morphs specifically, look for breeders in your country. There are several.

Old 02-19-2012, 05:00 AM   #24
CaliforniaKingsnake
Thanks bitsy. Might be getting the corn today!

Old 02-24-2012, 04:35 PM   #25
arparaspolo
Here is my Fire, Anna in her viv with purple sand. I have just changed it to black aspen bedding. But she sure stands out.

Old 02-28-2012, 11:37 AM   #26
CaliforniaKingsnake
Cool!

Now for a question: if there is there is the option, should I get a milk snake?

Old 02-28-2012, 11:58 AM   #27
Christen
You can, I love mine. However they do tend to be a little more flighty than a corn and not usually a great display snake.

Old 03-01-2012, 11:28 AM   #28
CaliforniaKingsnake
Thanks. I'll make a poll to decide a name

Old 03-05-2012, 07:53 PM   #29
gelshark
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaKingsnake View Post
Cool!

Now for a question: if there is there is the option, should I get a milk snake?
Yes, but do not replace the water dish with a milk dish. There are many beautiful milk snake morphs out there, but even the "plain" milk snakes are very pretty.

Which kind would you consider?

Old 03-06-2012, 03:38 PM   #30
CaliforniaKingsnake
The most popular.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google