CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Classifieds Section > Other Animals and Related Items Wanted
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Other Animals and Related Items Wanted Any other types of animals, plus caging, feeders, etc, WANTED can be posted within this area.

Good Pythons to get?

Old 07-20-2012, 12:49 AM   #11
SteelJawEmily
While I agree with everything that has been said above. I would also like to say that Carpets being "Aggressive" is more often than not attributed to cage aggression and/or their very good feeding response.

I have two that are almost polar opposites on the handling scale. My IJ is very calm about everything and very good at being handled. He is also smaller...at about 4 feet long.

My Jungle (JCP) is....well...naughty. She is very cage aggressive and I have to get her out with a hook or you will be bitten. That being said though, once she is out, she is very curious and wants nothing more than to explore and perch around your neck. She is about the same size as him, but growing quickly and she is a year younger than he is.

As long as whatever they decide to get is handled well, often, and with the care and respect it needs, you should be fine.

But beware.....Carpet Pythons are like Cheetos.....you can never have just one. XD

Old 07-20-2012, 03:32 PM   #12
obboi34
what does WC mean? i ask because i considered getting a rough green at one point.

Old 07-20-2012, 03:54 PM   #13
SteelJawEmily
Wild Caught. Field herpers would basically go out and collect babies of a certain species to sell to zoos and/or the right buyer. It's a common practice among certain species that haven't been domesticated as long as corn snakes have.

Old 07-28-2012, 03:54 AM   #14
Weda737
Dumeril's boa, Males only get about 6 ft. Sounds big I know but it's really not. Let me just tell you from experience, these snakes are absolute angels. I wouldn't trade my big cuddle buddy for the world. He has been through so much. When I ordered him he arrived with a RI that just would not go away. He's had his mouth pried open every other day for several weeks, had injections, but took it all in stride. He's so smart, not cage aggressive at all and he's content to just curl up on the bed with me when I'm having movie or game time. I wish I could better express my sincerity in saying these snakes are just perfect companions. Research them a bit at least, everyone will tell you the same.

Old 07-28-2012, 04:13 AM   #15
RobbiesCornField
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weda737 View Post
Dumeril's boa, Males only get about 6 ft. Sounds big I know but it's really not. Let me just tell you from experience, these snakes are absolute angels. I wouldn't trade my big cuddle buddy for the world. He has been through so much. When I ordered him he arrived with a RI that just would not go away. He's had his mouth pried open every other day for several weeks, had injections, but took it all in stride. He's so smart, not cage aggressive at all and he's content to just curl up on the bed with me when I'm having movie or game time. I wish I could better express my sincerity in saying these snakes are just perfect companions. Research them a bit at least, everyone will tell you the same.
I can agree with this. Dumeril's are fantastic snakes to own, and are absolutely gorgeous!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google