CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Classifieds Section > Other Animals and Related Items Wanted
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Other Animals and Related Items Wanted Any other types of animals, plus caging, feeders, etc, WANTED can be posted within this area.

garter snakes wanted

Old 11-28-2012, 11:26 AM   #1
epicdoom
garter snakes wanted

I'm looking for 1 known male and 1 known female Garter snake want some nice colors send me a Pm with pics of what you have please or I will PM you back a text number for faster responce.

ThanX
Joe

Old 11-28-2012, 08:06 PM   #2
screamindemon17
Do u mind wild caught? Or perfur captive born?

Old 11-29-2012, 12:57 PM   #3
epicdoom
would prefer captive bred

Old 11-29-2012, 03:40 PM   #4
screamindemon17
I will keep looking the few buddies i have that do garters have already did most of there thinning for next year. I had seen on one of the forums a eastern garter that was a awsome red throughout his body .the guy selling him said it was a rare color...but i cNt remember were it was. But like i said ill keep looking.

Old 11-29-2012, 06:54 PM   #5
epicdoom
TY I picked up a checker and a albino checker today to young to sex them but tails look like both may be female. what do you have wild? was it red sides? if so those if I remember rite aren't rare just from a certain area would have to go back and read where. I used to catch Garters as a kid kept a few as pets but most just caught to look at and then released. I caught a green rough that bit me it was a baby so no harm, my parents freaked out tho.

Old 11-29-2012, 07:27 PM   #6
screamindemon17
I live in washington so i find what people call red racers which have red stripes. Yellow and orange racers too... Some checker patterns too. But i usually let them go after i show my daughters....back in june i caught 21 snakes in 1and a half hours. I let one common baby go less then a week ago

Old 11-29-2012, 09:44 PM   #7
epicdoom
WOW good find I have property I lease here in Maryland for hunting. I have set up pieces of tin and wood in likely areas. I regularly find Blacks snakes under them every now and then a hog nose but never any garters in that area I find those around the house just common type tho for the most part I let all of them go rite after a photo some I'll hold onto if they don't look well most are in need of a few good meals I catch that food on site with traps so I can feed them what they naturally eat in the wild after 3 good feeding or so I take them back where I got them from but into a better section that I see lots of mice or mice holes

Old 11-30-2012, 01:58 AM   #8
screamindemon17
Back in june i caught a small female she was a dark red strped. When i found her she was really fat . I was going to let her go at my favorite hunting spot. That nite she gave birth to 3 really pretty babies . One a yellow racer and 2 oranges i keep them until october and let all four of them go .... They wouldnt eat mice but nite crawlers and feeder fish.

Old 11-30-2012, 09:13 AM   #9
epicdoom
Some of them take to mice pretty well some don't I hate the idea of supplementing on a fish diet the 2 I bought yesterday are eating rosey reds there next meal ill try mouse parts, I bought 3 dozzen reds Im gonna grind them up so I can rub it into the mice or let the mice marinate in it

Old 11-30-2012, 10:09 AM   #10
screamindemon17
That sounds like a good idea

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google