CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions This is a "none of the above" forum. All posts should still be related to cornsnakes in one form or another, but some slight off topic posting is fine.

View Poll Results: Do Girls outnumber Boys?
I am Female and own Corn Snakes. Girls Rule! 217 48.01%
I am Male and own Corn Snakes. Boys Rule! 235 51.99%
Voters: 452. You may not vote on this poll

Sex of Corn Snake Owners: Do Girls out number Boys.
Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2007, 08:17 PM   #61
PSYCOSNAKEMOM
It's only human to get off track...or only snake (like)

AND DON'T I KNOW IT. BAD SAM, BAD......undefinedWow a blast from the past. I was just thinking this AM as I was trying to finish off the last of the breeding pairs from doing their thing. "Boy it should would be nice to get back on the forum and chat a bit." I am guessing that everyone is busy with the breeding season. BUT to add my extra two cents......yes I am a "girl" with cornsnakes but I know boys with them and I did have a Boa when I was in college many many years ago. Because I now have 16 cornsnakes does that tip the scales on the side of female owners? sam

Old 04-27-2007, 11:47 AM   #62
Corny Noob
Well I want to answer too
Girl obviously. Who knows what sex snake cause I don't have it yet.
Sooo everyone appears to be sharing other info as well.

21 years old, living in south Jersey. 5'10" uh...140lbs XD (meat market!) I live at home with my mother, father and the zoo *see signature* I'm a full time student at my local community college and I work part time at petco. I'm rather behind in schooling due to my community college being all about money. I went to a tech school for 2 whole years, out of 4 semesters I only got one B and the rest were all A's. They refused to accept any of my credits. So I started out again as a freshman! Now I only have one year left to go, but I really hate being 21 and not having even finished community college yet. I went to the tech school for multimedia, with a diploma. Started at community college with a major in "Visual Communications" I ended up changing my major to: General Studies in the Humanities, so that the school could no longer screw me over and require me to take classes that I aced already. I want to be an Art History major and freelance art on the side
Um lets see.... I have a boyfriend of almost 4 months now, crazy thing we met on myspace, and he's 9 years older than me. That just sounds like a recipie for disaster doesn't it? But he's a great guy and loves animals as well and is very tolerant if not an enabler of my animal obsession and that's just the kinda guy I need.
Rightly so you guys should be able to tell I'm animal obsesed. Even when I came home from the hopsital my parents owned about 8 parakeets, one of them only born a few months before me, so I grew up with the birds literally. Animals have always been apart of my life, it seems as if every so often I get the inclination to venture into new types of animals, I tend to then be a flurry of obsession and reciting book smart facts on my desired animal of choice. As you can also probally tell, I always get it! Lucky only child right?

Old 04-27-2007, 11:45 PM   #63
MegF.
Gee..um girl...44 yrs. old...2 college degrees, one in mechanical drafting, one in X-ray technology...currently working at a hospital as an x-ray technologist. Married...2 dogs, 2 cats, 2 horses...snakes....everywhere...snakes....Husband likes snakes too...just not incredibly obsessed with them...did I mention snakes....getting another one..gotta mention that to the hubby.....

Old 05-10-2007, 12:40 PM   #64
fidget15
A Response

Male, Mixed descent and own snakes, dogs and just love critters period.

Majors: Physics and Mechanical Engineering (Currently in process of obtaining degrees in both); math and electrical engineering minors are other objectives

Religious: I'm a monothiest, and a member of one of the more predominant religious groups here in the states but I'm not very likely to discuss religion unless someone's brought it up and no I won't shove anything down you're throat.

Political: They're everywhere in life, bust to learn to be diplomatic and assertive, vote even if ain't worth much has always been my philosophy.

Old 05-10-2007, 06:55 PM   #65
suecornish
Okay, something's got to be wrong with the poll because I KNOW there are more of us than them.

I am almost 57, BA in Criminal Justice, work for the government and Muslim. I have one husband (who gets critters and then losses interest so I then get more interested in them than he does), 2 black lab mixes who were strays, a slew of birds, two older snakes that were bought from a co-worker because he got a girl, got a house, got married and is now going to have a baby. (Om, his wife not him.) I fell so in love with the snakes that I bought my baby, Gaia and about a month ago we adopted a green iguana, Lizzy.

In my defense I must state that I was raised by my grandparents who at different times owned geese, ducks, chickens, a goat, birds, turtles and dogs.

Now, coming from a family that has 'Zoo' like tendencies, my uncle who in Native American culture (I am Mohican) is my Dad, wonders when the zoo is going to force us out of the house.

Oh, yeah, our pond in the yard has a big old poopy-brown bull frog in it.

Okay, that's me.

Old 05-11-2007, 04:27 AM   #66
Mrs InsaneOne
Well I could only vote once, but technically in this house we have 3 female snake owners and the ages vary widely. There's myself who is um.. the parent.. yeah.. I'm older then some but far from the oldest. That works.. Our daughters are both under 18 right now but they each have thier own snake that they picked out personally and both are looking forward to the day I say they can get a second.

Religion: Undefined - I believe but am not certain what the truth is. If that makes sense. Was baptised as a Presbyterian (sp?) though.
Work: Freelance Graphics Designer and Webmaster used to do computer repair.

Only other person in my family that really likes snakes as much as I do is my little sister. Both my parents can't stand snakes and my dad thinks the only good one is a dead one.

Jenn

Old 05-15-2007, 02:50 PM   #67
lalaith
girl

i think two things that catch geeks eyes are snakes and swords... wonder why that is...

25 female, obese enough to not want to post actual numbers tyvm.

my house is close to having two snakes (my Xerxes is coming thursday), and both people in my house who own snakes are girls.

it seems like we girls outnumber the boys when i read the forums, maybe we just arent voting?

Old 05-21-2007, 03:27 AM   #68
lordstar52
Smile here my vote

I am a man so is my brother but my mom is a female so that is 2 for males 1 for females

Old 05-23-2007, 02:01 AM   #69
v_various
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordstar52
I am a man so is my brother but my mom is a female
I...would hope your mom is female and your brother is a man. What is the alternative? "I am a man and my brother is a girl, but my mom is male"?

For the record, I'm a girl with two lovely boy snakes. I wasn't going to post in a thread so old, but I guess the interest in this just won't die off. Mind you, if I really want to know about someone I read their profiles. Most you have nothing filled out.

Old 05-25-2007, 07:00 AM   #70
Velvet
Okay I'll bite...

Interesting that the poll is fairly equal eh? lol

About me:

Age: 22yrs old (but most people think I am around 27 which I take as a compliment!)
Star Sign: Leo
Height: 5 foot 10 inches
Eyes: Green
Hair: Depends, naturally dark blonde but currently very dark auburn and longish.
Race: Caucasian (White)
Education: Diploma in Business Management (how exciting)
Religion: Not religious but believe in a higher power etc etc. But won't get into that!
Interests and hobbies: Collecting corn snake (obviously) , horse riding (I have my own horse), mostly showjumping, Singing, Acting and cooking!!! I'm a modern woman with modern ideas but I LOVE cooking!!! (And I am good at it! lol)

And just to do something different....
Three bad things about me: *Stubborn
*Procrastinator
*Can take things too personally/emotionally

Three good things about me: *Friendly and outgoing
*Kind and compassionate
*Very modest (meant as a joke! lol)

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google

Closed Thread