CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions This is a "none of the above" forum. All posts should still be related to cornsnakes in one form or another, but some slight off topic posting is fine.

how do you dispose of you deceased snakes?

Old 07-11-2007, 02:16 PM   #1
Animal_gal
how do you dispose of you deceased snakes?

I'm just curious as to how everyone here handles dead snakes.

obviously if it was a dear pet to you, and if you have children, you would probably want to bury it.

however, if you're a snake breeder or just own a lot of snakes, you have to deal with dead snakes a lot and likely wouldn't have the time money or willpower to dedicate to constantly burying snakes.

and if you choose to bury your snake, where do you do so? i can see how having a dead snake in your backyard might take away from your house's resale value.

lol no my snake isn't dead, but his time will indubitably come. and i do plan on breeding corn snakes, hopefully in the near future, and with breeding inevitably comes dead hatchlings, even for the best of us.

sorry if this sounds morbid. i personally think its a good question.

Old 07-11-2007, 02:18 PM   #2
Animal_gal
*your. your dead snakes.

my apologies.
silly typo.

Old 07-11-2007, 02:18 PM   #3
Eriathiel
It is a good question - one I don't know the answer too - at this point I would personally bury the dead, however also want to be a breeder someday as well. I suppose you could find some way to cremate them ... but I would be very curious as to what some of the bigger breeders say!

Old 07-11-2007, 02:19 PM   #4
Tula_Montage
One word... Kingsnake!

Old 07-11-2007, 03:27 PM   #5
Ssthisto
I've also got a king snake (though I don't know if he'd actually EAT any snakes I offered him) ... but I can't help but wonder how easy it would be to try my hand at tanning the skins so that I could KEEP part of the snake that'd died.

Old 07-11-2007, 03:28 PM   #6
Eriathiel
Ha thats true, I didn't even consider that... Home grown garbage disposal for dead snakes!

Old 07-11-2007, 03:29 PM   #7
texastailfeathers
I put mine into plastic baggies and then freeze them until trash day. On trash day I just put the frozen critter in with the rest of the garbage that goes out to the curb.

Old 07-11-2007, 04:20 PM   #8
Dave123
Well, a few years ago when my first snake died, I froze it. After a few days I decided it needed a proper burial. So I took it out of the bag and buried it in my back yard. I was 11 so I had to do that. Now I have 2 more in my freezer and may just bury those as well.

Old 07-11-2007, 04:22 PM   #9
tricksterpup
With Curry Sauce.

Old 07-11-2007, 04:36 PM   #10
texastailfeathers
Quote:
Originally Posted by tricksterpup
With Curry Sauce.
Eww!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google