CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions This is a "none of the above" forum. All posts should still be related to cornsnakes in one form or another, but some slight off topic posting is fine.

What is the dumbest thing you have ever heard?

Old 01-29-2009, 01:32 PM   #71
RobbiesCornField
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drizzt80 View Post
For example:

"Hey, flat tire?"

That's a stupid question.

D80
Here's your sign!

Old 01-29-2009, 02:10 PM   #72
v_various
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ploki View Post
And I wonder why I quit coming here for so long. My post wasnt as bad as others making people out to be but i get a verbal lashing for my post.
lol, someone is sensitive. That wasn't a tongue lashing at all - I would call it a valid point. For example, if someone said "hey I have a sugar glider" and I reply "oh hey, don't they eat *whatever*?" I'd probably be wrong, because I know nothing about sugar gliders. But there is nothing wrong with me asking or guessing, it's how you learn.

As far as other stupid questions, I do get asked "does it ever tie itself in a knot and get stuck like that?" more often than you'd think. I mean, why would an animal do that? I don't even know how that would work.

Old 01-29-2009, 02:17 PM   #73
Ploki
Quote:
Originally Posted by v_various View Post
As far as other stupid questions, I do get asked "does it ever tie itself in a knot and get stuck like that?" more often than you'd think. I mean, why would an animal do that? I don't even know how that would work.
So how is that a stupid question as you put it, the people asking dont know any better so I cant see why you would call that a stupid question. you are saying one thing then turn around saying somthing else.

Old 01-29-2009, 02:26 PM   #74
starsevol
I had the priviledge to know a man who was a member of my local (now disbanded) herp club, who had field-collected all his life. He had a huge collection of native species that he used for education programs. He passed away several years ago, but had one great answer for the most asked "stupid" question.

Bob would be holding a snake and someone would shout out "Hey, is that snake poisonous?"
Bob would always answer, "I don't know. I've never eaten one!".

Made some scratch their heads. Always made ME giggle!

Old 01-29-2009, 03:37 PM   #75
v_various
Quote:
So how is that a stupid question as you put it, the people asking dont know any better so I cant see why you would call that a stupid question. you are saying one thing then turn around saying somthing else.
I know XD I forgot to add, it's more funny than stupid. It's usually little kids who ask too, I definitely wouldn't call them stupid.

I qualify stupid as someone spreading misinformation, not really asking a question. Unless they're asking if thawed mice come alive, THAT is a stupid question.

Old 01-29-2009, 04:40 PM   #76
tom e
Is this a stupid question?

Old 01-29-2009, 06:02 PM   #77
ForkedTung
There is no such thing as a stupid question!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom e View Post
Is this a stupid question?
ah...tom e...uhmmm that was a stupid question...lol

Old 01-29-2009, 06:15 PM   #78
jazzgeek
Quote:
And I wonder why I quit coming here for so long.
Yeah, ummm.... thanks for that

Dale

(Irony is my friend)

Old 01-29-2009, 06:30 PM   #79
ForkedTung
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drizzt80 View Post
For example:

"Hey, flat tire?"

That's a stupid question.

D80
I agree with Brent 113% !!!

Old 01-29-2009, 06:36 PM   #80
ForkedTung
OK, So when people ask me if one of my snakes bite, I give the same answer when I'm walking my dog and get that question...

"Does he bite?..."

My response

"ONLY BAD PEOPLE."

I love watching the gears in their head come to a crashing halt as they freeze for a split second contemplating whether they could be considered a bad person...you can practically see it happening in their eyes...try this it's great!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google