CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions This is a "none of the above" forum. All posts should still be related to cornsnakes in one form or another, but some slight off topic posting is fine.

What is the dumbest thing you have ever heard?

Old 01-29-2009, 08:28 PM   #81
hiddenhollowherp
Okay, so, I had on gloves while I was holding Frosty, my snow stripe, when he was about 2.5 or 3 feet long. I had gloves on because he very well may be the spawn of Satan.

Anywho, my ex said "Oh my god!!! It's a TAPEWORM!!!"

I took off my gloves and reached in to get Norma. My ex said "Why'd you take off your gloves? Your hands are going to be slimey!"

Hilarious statements:
"Well I KNOW they have molars because otherwise they couldn't chew their food!"
"Awwwh. Poor thing's rattle must have fallen off."
"If he bites you, you'll have to suck out the venom."
"Don't get close! Those suckers can jump ten feet!"
"Snakes don't mate, they're all female. They get pregnant after they eat."
"That's not a cornsnake. Cornsnakes are yellow."
"Snakes don't have bones, so you can tie them around your wrist if you want." (I was arrested for assault on this particular individual afterwards, FYI.)
"You need a sun lamp on them or they turn black and shrivel up."
"Taking a snake's babies away from her is just CRUEL!"
"You're supposed to keep them in water or they'll dry up."
"Yeah, they're born with legs and then they fall off later."
"They can't see you if you're standing still."
"I can't believe you cut off that poor thing's rattler!" - "No, ma'am, I didn't." - "Yes you did! You're lying through your teeth! I've seen those rattles for sale in Winona!" - "Ma'am, we're quite a drive from Winona."

And questions I've gotten:
"When they shed their skin, do they ever bleed to death?"
"What kind of sounds do they make?"
"Why don't you put cardboard in there for him to chew on?"
"Why don't you just feed them sausage?"
"Where's his food dish? Are you starving him or something?"
"Does it run really fast?"
"If I look at him in the eyes, he won't bite my face, will he?"
"Won't he chew through the plastic?!"
"Is his butt on the top or bottom?"
"Where are its ears?"
"Doesn't the smell of hairspray, like, make them crazy?"

Oh lordie, lordie... I can't think of anymore, but I'm sure I will.

Old 01-29-2009, 09:35 PM   #82
tricksterpup
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drizzt80 View Post
PS. Can I get my tongue lashing with extra mayo?!
See, not a stupid Question..
For you Brent, i would use the Fancy Dijon mayonnaise

Old 01-29-2009, 09:51 PM   #83
RobbiesCornField
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForkedTung View Post
OK, So when people ask me if one of my snakes bite, I give the same answer when I'm walking my dog and get that question...

"Does he bite?..."

My response

"ONLY BAD PEOPLE."

I love watching the gears in their head come to a crashing halt as they freeze for a split second contemplating whether they could be considered a bad person...you can practically see it happening in their eyes...try this it's great!
I've just taken to answering "Yep." to that question. Because technically, they do bite their food!

And bad people.

Old 01-29-2009, 10:50 PM   #84
RavenSpirit360
At the snake shop I hang out at every week, there is this lady that comes in sometimes and brings ft rats. Well onetime, they told her I was a cornsnake breeder. So she gives me this long speech about how if I ever want to find out what genetics my corns are carrying then all I have to do is breed one to a blizzard or a snow and if the snakes are het the babies will come out that morph because the snow and blizzard are missing the color genes.. I was like uhuh, really?? LOL You could tell she wasn't the kind of person you could argue with so I didnt waste my time

Old 01-30-2009, 12:58 AM   #85
ForkedTung
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenSpirit360 View Post
At the snake shop I hang out at every week, there is this lady that comes in sometimes and brings ft rats. Well onetime, they told her I was a cornsnake breeder. So she gives me this long speech about how if I ever want to find out what genetics my corns are carrying then all I have to do is breed one to a blizzard or a snow and if the snakes are het the babies will come out that morph because the snow and blizzard are missing the color genes.. I was like uhuh, really?? LOL You could tell she wasn't the kind of person you could argue with so I didnt waste my time
That's so strange, I mean where do these people get these outlandish ideas?

Old 01-30-2009, 02:48 AM   #86
CraziiTii
Dumbest snake remarks I've ever heard: True stories.

"If you wiggle your finger in front of a snake, will it start to eat it? And if it does, like, can you take your finger out or will it fall off?..."

"Do snakes ever make barking sounds?"

"Could your snake ever eat your cat?" -"It's a corn snake, they're too small" -"Yeah, but what about the tail?"

"Do snakes have organs?"

"If you bred a green snake to a white snake, would it turn like a sea foam colour?"

"How come it doesn't close it's eyes to sleep?" - "It doesn't have eyelids." - "Why?!! What happened to it?!"

Oh, I know there's more, and these aren't that funny but it's all I got.

Old 01-30-2009, 12:34 PM   #87
hiddenhollowherp
I've had people tell me I should breed an anery to a stripe so I get a "skunk striped" snake.

Old 01-30-2009, 01:09 PM   #88
tricksterpup
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraziiTii View Post
Dumbest snake remarks I've ever heard: True stories.

"If you wiggle your finger in front of a snake, will it start to eat it? And if it does, like, can you take your finger out or will it fall off?..."

"Could your snake ever eat your cat?" -"It's a corn snake, they're too small" -"Yeah, but what about the tail?"

"Do snakes have organs?"

"If you bred a green snake to a white snake, would it turn like a sea foam colour?"

"How come it doesn't close it's eyes to sleep?" - "It doesn't have eyelids." - "Why?!! What happened to it?!"

Oh, I know there's more, and these aren't that funny but it's all I got.
These are all cute questions and I would have loved to answer them myself. Again these questions fall under this post

As for these questions..
Quote:
There is a picture that I have seen at this site with a Cat being killed by a Florida King, which is about the size of a Large Corn.

Quote:
"If you wiggle your finger in front of a snake, will it start to eat it? And if it does, like, can you take your finger out or will it fall off?..
Well here is a blurry picture of a yearling thinking it can eat my finger. It took it to between the first and second joint on my index finger.
It felt very weird and slimy afterwards. the finger did not fall off though.

Quote:
As for this one, I have bull snakes that make a sound that is almost as loud as the neighbors rodent size dog.

Old 01-30-2009, 01:28 PM   #89
Jadie.Glitch
Quote:
Originally Posted by tricksterpup View Post

There is a picture that I have seen at this site with a Cat being killed by a Florida King, which is about the size of a Large Corn.
I've been looking for that picture everywhere!! I wanted to show my fiance but I can't find it again. Anyone know where it is?

Old 01-30-2009, 01:50 PM   #90
Jadie.Glitch
I thought it was hillarious that when I went to visit this thread, the ad above it was for "Satanic Jewelry" (see screenshot)

I just thought that was really ironic...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google