CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Classifieds Section > Other Animals and Related Items Wanted
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Other Animals and Related Items Wanted Any other types of animals, plus caging, feeders, etc, WANTED can be posted within this area.

Need a snake hook

Old 09-20-2009, 09:36 AM   #1
bekers71
Need a snake hook

I know some one here sells snake hooks, but I can't remember who. If some one could let me know who it is I'd be grateful.

Old 09-20-2009, 09:58 AM   #2
dwyn127
Quote:
Originally Posted by bekers71 View Post
I know some one here sells snake hooks, but I can't remember who. If some one could let me know who it is I'd be grateful.
If you don't find this person, let me know. I'll be going to the Cleveland show on Oct 4th and there's a booth there sells them. I picked one up for my feeding day maniacs. The one I got is expandable like an antenna. They carry all sizes, some with graphite shafts that are stiff and light weight.

I'd be glad to pick one up for you.

Old 09-20-2009, 10:04 AM   #3
bekers71
Thanks Danny! I really appreciate it. A couple of my boas are a little cage aggressive and I've decided that it's time to start using a hook to let them know I'm there. LOL

Old 09-20-2009, 10:15 AM   #4
glenhead
Sorry this isn't a direct answer, but if you're interested in DIY here's a suggestion.

Go to a pawnshop and get a golf club. Go to a hardware store and get something like a small-diameter metal plant stake (3/8" or smaller) and some epoxy. Using a vise, put a 90-degree bend about six inches from the sharp end of the stake. If the point is too sharp, blunt it by filing it (or just grind it on concrete). You can also make the bend before you cut the stake by hanging six inches or so off a hard, strong edge (like a workbench or curb) and putting a 2x4 (or even a flat rock) to hold the long end, then bend the free end, or use a hammer if it won't bend. You might also be able to clamp the sharp end under said 2x4 or rock, stand on the clamp, and pull up to make the bend. Cut the stake about six inches above the bend.

Cut the golf club at a point that's slightly bigger than the stake. Smear epoxy inside the cut end, stick the stake inside, and smear more epoxy on the joint to anchor it in place.

They may not be pretty, but they're cheap, effective, and you can make more than one from a long plant stake. I used one for years and years.

(Edit) If this is for in-house use, a really-really cheap pawn-shop 5-iron will do the trick nicely, without modification.

Old 09-20-2009, 02:26 PM   #5
Susielea
Becky, I think you may be thinking of The Snake Guru, if my memory serves me correctly

Old 09-20-2009, 05:02 PM   #6
bekers71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Susielea View Post
Becky, I think you may be thinking of The Snake Guru, if my memory serves me correctly
That's it! Thanks Sue!

Old 09-20-2009, 05:28 PM   #7
CaptBogart
I think Kathy Love has them on her site too...

Old 09-23-2009, 02:57 PM   #8
snakemom1961
I thought at one time tyflier was selling them also.

Old 09-23-2009, 03:24 PM   #9
dwyn127
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakemom1961 View Post
I thought at one time tyflier was selling them also.
Chris was selling hookers, not hooks...lol

Old 09-23-2009, 03:30 PM   #10
Old_School
I get mine from mid-west tongs, or also "The Bean Farm" carries them.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google