CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Behavior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Behavior General topics or questions concerning the way your cornsnake may be acting.

Question about Baby Corn Snake pooping schedule?

Old 08-14-2020, 02:06 AM   #1
katakemi
Question Question about Baby Corn Snake pooping schedule?

Hello !! Sorry if I'm being paranoid !

I just got my first Corn Snake (last month) and he's a really good hungry boy, he eats like a champ!
First of all, his enclosure temps ( 28~30°C hot side, 23~25°C Cold side) and his umidity is usually 45~55%, when it rains it goes up to 60% but that's it.

My question, he's 6 months old, eating pinkies every 5/4 days but he's pretty active after that and he does poop a lot? Like, the next day he'll poop a really small poop, and then the second day after feeding another "small poop"... Is that right?
He's a pretty active snake, he's running and climbing into his enclosure during the night but during the day he's hiding under his hot cave or into the enclosure lid (??? he loves being up there I don't know why but he seems comfortable)

His poops look really firm and nothing out of the ordinary , but I was kinda scared because everyone was saying that they should poop after ~2/3 days ...

Thank you and sorry for any grammar mistakes!

Old 08-14-2020, 09:25 AM   #2
hypnoctopus
Usually they'll have one or two poops per feeding, so he sounds normal. Although what do you mean by firm? Corn snake poop is very soft, generally, and usually very wet with urates. It does dry hard though.

Old 08-14-2020, 09:33 AM   #3
katakemi
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypnoctopus View Post
Usually they'll have one or two poops per feeding, so he sounds normal. Although what do you mean by firm? Corn snake poop is very soft, generally, and usually very wet with urates. It does dry hard though.
Firm as in normal poop format and not runny ! It is very wet though and with urates as well! I Just found It strange that he was pooping like ~ less than 24 hour-ish after eating but his poop looks normal... Is that because he's pretty active during the night?

Old 08-14-2020, 10:34 AM   #4
hypnoctopus
It could be. Obviously high activity level stimulates the bowels and causes them to poop. I'm not sure if that first poop is from the previous feed or if he's digesting his meal really really quickly. Are the pinkies still leaving a lump?

Old 08-14-2020, 11:12 AM   #5
katakemi
Quote:
It could be. Obviously high activity level stimulates the bowels and causes them to poop. I'm not sure if that first poop is from the previous feed or if he's digesting his meal really really quickly. Are the pinkies still leaving a lump?
Yep they still leave a lump, he'll start eating bigger pinkies next week though !

His poops are always really small so I don't know If he just chooses to poop one at a time ... I've seen he pooping like a string of ~3 small poops but usually it's just one really small poop per poop session lol I don't know how to explain It , he keeps the lump for almost 3 days though and then he's "thin" again

He keeps climbing , running around during the night but usually he does that for an hour, hide for an hour, repeat everything during the whole night
Other than that he seems pretty healthy , just poops at a strange frequency (?)

Old 08-14-2020, 11:32 AM   #6
hypnoctopus
Well as long as he's eating, shedding, etc., I wouldn't worry about it!

Old 08-14-2020, 01:17 PM   #7
katakemi
Quote:
Well as long as he's eating, shedding, etc., I wouldn't worry about it!
He's eating/pooping fine but he still haven't shed for me ! He did shed before with his breeder but nothing until today, no cloudy eyes ... I did hear that snakes have different growth rates and I don't know if the stress of coming here is making it slower for him... I got him july 19th , shouldn't he shed soon?

Old 08-14-2020, 03:40 PM   #8
hypnoctopus
Babies shed usually every 6 to 8 weeks if they're being fed weekly, so he still has time.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google