• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Attacking gopher tortoise!!! (not really)

Rich Z

Administrator
Staff member
Well, it sure seemed that way the other day when Connie and I came home to find one in the driveway. When I got out of the truck to take pictures and video, he (she?) just started marching in my direction like he meant business.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wr7yQYS777o

But apparently he just wasn't afraid of us much, and seemed to find comfort laying next to Connie's truck.

We followed him to his burrow, so hopefully we will see him around more often.

What a cutie! I think they have so much personality - we had one for about 10 years, but when I moved to the Pacific Northwest, she didn't do so well. She now lives with my brother in Southern California. Apparently, his chickens are terrified of her and whenever he lets them out the tortoise goes right for them.

Thanks for the share, she/he made me smile!

-Tonya

Back