CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Corn Snake Photo Gallery
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Corn Snake Photo Gallery Show them off! Post photos of your prizes and your favorities for everyone else to see and comment on.

Who knows what morph he is? New member and new corn snake :)

Old 02-02-2020, 12:36 AM   #1
SquidsGirl
Question Who knows what morph he is? New member and new corn snake :)

Hello

Just got a new little corn snake tonight.

Does anyone know what morph he is? I know they can changed in color a lot from hatchling to adult and am curious what he will look like down the road 🤔 hopefully someone on here knows 😁😊

Thank you!!

Old 02-02-2020, 01:21 AM   #2
CornsAustria
this looks not like a corn or a pure cornsnake

Old 02-02-2020, 02:34 AM   #3
Shiari
That is either a gopher snake or a bull snake, but it's definitely not a corn snake.

Old 02-02-2020, 02:42 AM   #4
Shiari
Things to know: Gophers/bulls can grow to be quite a bit larger than corns and therefore need larger caging as adults as well. They can reach 7 feet long, and are heavier-bodied than a corn. They also like temperatures slightly warmer, with a hot spot around 87 to 90 degrees as compared to the 85 recommended for corns.

Old 02-02-2020, 02:51 AM   #5
SquidsGirl
Geez umm ok ... how did the store not know what it was?? �� I got it from a “scales and tales” in las vegas �� So now im looking at pictures of other types of snakes online. Do you think its a gopher or possible a black rat snake? The black rats also look similar as hatchlings/juveniles ... ����

Old 02-02-2020, 03:09 AM   #6
Shiari
Black rats don't look at all like your snake as babies. The color is completely different for one. This snake is 100% either a gopher snake or a bull snake, as they're very closely related.
Pet stores label the snakes they get as what they came in as. I bought a pinstripe motley corn snake labelled as an albino checkered garter snake, once.

Old 02-02-2020, 03:16 AM   #7
SquidsGirl
Thank you so much Shiati! They said it was a “cinnamon corn snake” but i knew the morph was off but i didnt expect the species to be off!!

This is the page that shows baby black/eastern rats looking similar:

https://news.maryland.gov/dnr/2019/0...lleghaniensis/

I will prolly keep him if its a gopher (they look awesome and seem to have good temperaments from the stuff ive been reading on them so far but i need to do a LOT more reading and study on then before i decide for sure) but wont want to keep him if its a black rat... i dont like how they look as adults! Lol

Old 02-02-2020, 03:18 AM   #8
SquidsGirl
Shiari* sorry!! i dont know how to edit the above post

Old 02-02-2020, 10:28 AM   #9
Shiari
No worries on the name thing. The baby on that page is still black and white though, whereas your kiddo is light brown, dark brown, and yellow.
These guys still make good pets.

Old 02-03-2020, 12:14 AM   #10
MysticExotics
Your baby is definitely not a Corn or a Ratsnake.

Bull/Gopher/Pine snakes are all subspecies of Pituophis.

Here's a link on them: http://www.lihs.org/files/caresheets/Pituophis.htm

Great Basin Gopher Snakes are native to the western half of the US, including Nevada. I'm leaning towards yours being a Gopher.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google