• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

What is your cornsnakes name?

5N4K3

Hi all,
I thought it would be intresting to make a post so that everyone can share there snakes name. :) and what it looks like and why u named it that :)

This could take a while. And I know there are more people out there who have more snakes than me and still bother to name them. =P

Adults:

Hecate - Normal Motley (het Amel) F - Witch Goddess, sometimes associated with serpents.

Diablo - Normal Stripe (het Amel) M - He has a devilish look about him I can't quite place. Plus, he's red and orange, same color as the nasty monster on the game Diablo.

Frost - Snow M - Couldn't think of any other cold-sounding name. =P

Orion - Amel Motley (het Butter) M - His color resembles the color of the star in the Orion constellation, Betelguese. But I've already got another snake name Beetlejuice..so Orion was left.

Echo - Ghost Motley F - Name she came to me with. =P

Yearlings & Two-year Olds:

June - Amel Motley F - She was the only keeper from my first clutch that I produced, and she hatched in June.

Kingsford - Charcoal M - Duh...Kingsford Charcoal is the best. =P

Schnee - Blizzard F - Schnee is German for "snow".

Ungeheuer - Okeetee M - Ungeheuer is German for "monster", which he is.

Etna - Lava F - Named for Mt. Etna, a volcano.

Rainier - Lava M - Name for Mt. Rainier, another volcano.

Fiesty - Normal (het Lava) F - She's a high-strung snake.

Beetlejuice - Creamsicle Motley M - His color really matches the star color.

Rose - Sunglow Motley F - Has a deep red-rose base color.

*Pauses a moment to remember names while at work*

Nairobi - Normal Kenyan Sand Boa F - Named for the capital of Kenya

Naga - Anery Kenyan Sand Boa M - Named for another Kenyan city.

Ripley - Pewter F - Main character in my fav movie, Aliens.

Sorr - Bloodred M - Half of Dynasorr, my bloodred pair, which Dyna died unexpectedly earlier this year.

Petunia - Hypo Lavender - Has a nice pink/purple petunia color.

And there are a few others I'm drawing a blank on at the moment. I'll update with them when I get home and can look in my notecard box. =P

You can view pics of my snakes by going to: http://www.mainecoon.net/~rain/snakepics.htm

Taceas said:
Schnee - Blizzard F - Schnee is German for "snow".
Oh GREAT!, another angle for coming up with morph names. German translations.

I only have a couple of mine named. Casper is a Ghostly looking Lavender and his genetics are very mysterious.

"What the Hell" is a Lavender and that is what I said to myself when he was born. He was brown and butt ugly. He is Hell of Pink now!

Ulgy is my Ugly Ducking normal Cubed Miami phase something or other, that isn't looking so bad these days.

My one and only is naked Chilly. The reason? Because the breeder shipped him USPS with no heat packs during a 50 degree day. :angry01: He was quite "Chilly" when I got him.... :eek1:

Well, I can never remember properly what exactly our snakes are (in terms of genetics), but there's Nippy, thus named because when Mike first got her (geez, "her"... still can't get used to that, lol), she took to snapping at Mike's fingers whenever he tried to pick her up. I affectionately refer to her as "Nibbles." She's quite lovely, though- the only part of her official, like, breed I can remember is "sunglow," if that means anything to anyone. I know I posted their types on one of the other threads, with the instruction of my boyfriend, but I can't remember where.
Then there's Icepick, who we think is a charcoal something-or-other (type a or b, we're not sure, lol), but now might be part ratsnake as that we took her to a breeder for sexing and she says that she might be a Rootbeer (which is apparently a morph that only occurs in ratsnake mixes. or something. :D) She got named after a character that someone in my Theater Arts class did. He was supposed to be a "gangsta" and he came up with the name "Icepick" as his thug name. I told Mike about it when I got home and he decided that this was a good name for her, as that she's kind of a bad ass. :D
And finally Gracie, who's a snow and quite lovely. However, the breeder named her, so I don't know that there's any more reason than that was just the name she came up with. :)
Oh, and there's a boa named Demon, which is a horrible name for him, btw, because he's such a sweetheart. Mike wanted a snake with a scary name- thus, Demon. :D
Yup. Them's the kids!

"Tesla Coil" - Coral Snow, my "husband's" snake so he named him

"Luci" - Bloodred; girl verison of Lucifer

"Desi" - Bloodred; well, I had named his future mate Luci, and I was practically brought up on everything "Lucille Ball" so I just had to name him this

"Banshee" - Ghost; kind of self-explanatory

"Lucky" - Hypo poss. Het Caramel; he got loose, got stuck in a tape trap, and didn't want to eat for some time, but he's a trooper and now one of my best eaters

"Nitro" - Hypo Het Caramel; LONG story behind this name

"Glycerine" - Het Hypo Het Caramel; same LONG story behind this name

And a bunch of hatchlings I've yet to name.

I always liked greek mythology, so mine are all named after gods and monsters!
Adults:
Zeus normal male
Athena snow zig zag female
Hydra snow f
Medusa hypo f
03's:
Ares amel m
Artemis snow f
Pandora normal f?
Atlas snow m?
04's
Andromeda anery f
Aphrodite crimson f
Kraken hypo motley m
Arachne motley f (mia)

We have 1 baby corn we call it Peaches short for peaches and cream! My daughters call it that.

All of my snakes are named after gods of Norse mythology.

My first snake, Balder, was a creamsicle corn. He was named after the god of light whom everyone loved and who was typically represented as a young man with orange hair. I just named him that because he was orange. According to the myths, Balder (the god) died when he was fairly young and was supposed to be resurected later on. The snake Balder died fairly young. I was devastated, but then I got a sunglow corn. I named him Vali, because in Norse mythology Vali is born to avenge Balder's death.
"In the west Rind will give birth to Vali.
Merely one night old he will avenge the son of Odin.
He will not wash his hands, nor will he comb his hair
until Balder's murderer burns at the stake."

I thought it kinda fit.

Then, I've got the hatchlings. Two of them I assume are siblings because they both came from the same breeder at the same time and are the same morph (normal motleys), so I named them after two siblings from Norse mythology, Freyr and Freya. Freyr was the god of sun and rain and was very beautiful. His sister, Freya, was the goddess of love and fertility. Since I'm going to be using her for breeding someday, I figured I might as well throw that in there somewhere. The other hatchlings are Njord and Skadi. In mythology, those two were husband and wife (I'm breeding the snakes together one of these days...). While I found this out after I named them all, it turns out that Freyr and Freya were Njord's children. Guess that doesn't really work out with the snakes being unrelated and the same age, but oh well. Njord was the god of winds, sea, and fire. Skadi was actually a giantess.

So, there's my book-long explanation of my snakes' names, and Norse Mythology 101.

Caspar the ghost, Classy the Fluffic, Louise, Anna, Noodle, Oodles, William, Mango, Lucky, Anchor, Clover, Gertie, Lightning, Speedy, Tala, Tango, Rumba, Foxtrot, Inca, Sundance, and a bunch of as yet un-named adults and juveniles

Rudy, Tess, Randie, Z, DeBakey, Elizabeth, Mary, Terra, Belle, Mattie,
Adson, Finley, Nicolas, Cooper, Strong Bad, Fhwqhgads, Josh, Vim,
Phoenix, Tucson, Sedona, Chandler, Taylor, Sibbie, Ripley, Gonzo, Denver,
Diamond, Victoria, Jenna, Tia, Maizy, Dougie, Michael, Oiym, Ginsu, Ripley,
Finley Jr., Presents, Chris, Macavity, Spinnaker, Windjammer, Wayne,
Cassandra, Bert, Poppin, Deuce, Kate, Taeoo, and 8 eggs (unnamed)...

Shoot, I think that's most of them for my list...
I'm missing a few, but can't come up with who at the moment. :rolleyes:

Lol Ever see the TV show 3’s company? Well that’s were I got the names for my corns lol

Jack= Male motley het amel & anery
Janet= Female Amel Motley het anery
Terri= Female Amel Motley het anery
Larry= Male Amel Motley het anery

And I am waiting to get a female snow that I will name Chrissie after Suzanne Summers role who was named Chrissie Snow lol :crazy02:

Not many have real reasons or background on the names - but all our snakes get names - mostly picked because the name suits the snake (in my mind) and they are names it is easy for me to remember.

We no longer have all these guys but these are the names of our corns:
Creamsicles – Cheddar, Nibblet, Micah, Raoul, Rave, Riot, Chowder, Regina, Huska, Spike, Charley.
Rootbeers – Dubya, Alba, Anya, Mugzy, Walli.
Snows – Natalia, Olivia, Nicholas, Waif, Spagatini, Glimmer, Glow, Holly, Lacey.
Amels – Ivy, Katey, Lucy, Crinkle, Willow, Seth, Delgado, Picante, Pace, Simon, Oliver, Noah.
Anerys – Junco, Squeek, Crockett.
Butter - Winslow.
Ghosts – Ash, Spectre, Posh, Jade, Sage, Twig.
Normals – Tiki, Colonel, Thirteen, Ruby, Sabados, Roxy, Xander, Scudder, Redden.
Jungle corns – Sting, Bangle, Kipling.

and a few names of our Milk and king snakes – Rumba, Carmen, Tango, TwoFour, Friday, Domino, Hector, Toro, Lola, Latifa, Sizzle, Nemo, Lupe, Tea, Peso, Durango, Dixie, Griddle, Noodle, Decker, Trinket, Ripple, Rafferty, Picasso, Elvis, Flicker.

Even if the snake doesn't know it has a name, for us it is just easier to think of them by their names instead of numbers.

mary v.

edit - forgot the blizzard - we only have one - the guy in my avitar - and he is rather unoriginal - Boo.

check out my sig.

Adult Snow Female: Cotton
04 hatchlings:
Male normal het Snow poss. het Hypo: Hanible
Female Normal het Snow poss. het Hypo: Clarice

Oh, and there's a boa named Demon, which is a horrible name for him, btw, because he's such a sweetheart. Mike wanted a snake with a scary name- thus, Demon.

Correction, CreepyCrawlrGirl, he's not a boa, but a Ball Pythin. 8-P

see my sig...
Mayzee for Maize (Corn), Jethroe because it seems to go with Mayzee as a trailer trash / oprah couple type of name, and Carrie as in Carolina Morph.

Back