• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Dinosoar Eggs

carol

Down with the sickness
They are really MBK eggs, layed today. My first crack at reproducing Kingsnakes!

Attachments

• mexblackkingeggs.JPG
    mexblackkingeggs.JPG
    42.4 KB · Views: 209
  • closeupking.JPG
    closeupking.JPG
    34.5 KB · Views: 210
beautiful!

Hey Carol!
I love Mex Black Kings, but funny, I have yet to buy any. I'm picky, and hoping to find a pair that don't have any white, including underneath the chin, where so many do have that white patch. I know it's rather picky of me, but that's what I hope to find! Many years back, I had the opportunity, but passed them up at a show. Someday! Best of luck in incubation! Looking good!
Russell

hehe...was it a surprise when you saw how BIG the eggs were compared to corn eggs? My Cali's produced eggs last season for the first time and it was amazing to see the size difference!

Congrats!!!!

My Cal King laid some huge eggs last year. The babies came out thicker around than a Sharpie marker when they are usually about the size of a pencil.

That's how my Cali babies were last year, Dave! I had only seen tiny, pencil-sized Cali hatchlings before, also. I am excited about seeing how big they are this year. I am wondering if large babies are the "norm" with my Cali's.

Congrats Carol! I can't wait to see a big pile of baby black snakes...be sure to take some pictures :D

Mex Black Kings are definately a cool looking snake!

Thanks!
Yes I was suprised at how such big eggs could come out of a snake that really isn't much bigger than some of my larger corns. I asked my husband if he was ready for 8 little kingsnakes... he looked down and his hands and said "well, at least I'll have thumbs left". Made me giggle thinking of 8 little snakes latched on to every one of his fingers. :rofl:

Back