CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Member Forums > Nanci's SnickerSnakes
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Nanci's SnickerSnakes Welcome to SnickerSnakes- where the pretty snakes are! I love striped cornsnakes in red, white, purple, peach and pink. Foundation stock, breeding plans, and hopefully hatchling news!

Penelope Arrives!! 2007 Hypo Plasma On Loan From Colorado Corns

Old 08-03-2010, 10:15 PM   #1
Nanci
Penelope Arrives!! 2007 Hypo Plasma On Loan From Colorado Corns

I unpacked this beautiful girl today and tried to get some nice pics of her, to no avail...Penelope is really a sweetheart, but it was just too hot outside to do anything with her. We'll try again some nice weekend morning.

Penelope has a date with Fred, Rosyblood, in 2011. I have never held a hypo lavblood in my hands- what a gorgeous snake! She's kind of pale pinkish-grey. The bright sun just washed out all her subtle coloration today. I can't wait to get some comparison shots with Lily, the lavblood. So alike, yet so different!!

Old 08-04-2010, 09:41 AM   #2
The_Thunderer
AHHHHHH, Nanci!

"Fred" has a great looking DATE!

Old 08-04-2010, 03:02 PM   #3
Jenstar
She is beautiful.

Old 08-07-2010, 02:02 PM   #4
Nanci
Here's a better picture, in morning shade. Penelope is still not on the same page as I am about photography...

Old 08-07-2010, 06:53 PM   #5
Susielea
Wow Nanci, she's gorgeous!!! Are you sure you won't be adding her to your collection???

Looks like Fred will be a busy boy next year!

Old 08-08-2010, 11:43 AM   #6
Jessicat
Geeze Nanci, how many of John's snakes do you have now?!
Man, what a great guy.

Penelope is absolutley gorgeous, and what a pretty name! I totally understand what you mean about the washed out color. It seems like if lighter snakes are on a background which is also light, and somewhat matches their "tone" then the chance of them being correctly exposed is a bit better. Especially if your camera is on auto. Maybe that's why the second picture shows her colors a bit better?

Have you ever used a gray card when photographing light snakes?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gray_card

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google