CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Classifieds Section > Corn Snakes Wanted
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Corn Snakes Wanted Looking for something special and you don't know who has it for sale? Post what you are looking for here and see if you get any bites.

Wanted - Normal Corns NOT het for anything

Old 12-05-2020, 05:18 PM   #1
Velocelt
Wanted - Normal Corns NOT het for anything

I'm interested in acquiring some NORMAL Corn Snakes for a future breeding project. Not interested in snakes that are normal in appearance but are het for any type of color or pattern morph traits. I'm strictly looking for wild-type Corns or possibly Corns from specific geographic localities (except for Okeetee - already have a pair). Judging by most availability lists I want something that's pretty rare on many breeder's lists/projects. However, I thought I'd ask and see if anyone actually kept any pairs of normal Corns, possibly for the occasional out-crossing to improve vigor.

Old 12-05-2020, 05:32 PM   #2
hypnoctopus
I see them occasionally pop up on faunaclassifieds.com. Here's one ad that: http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=742897

Old 12-05-2020, 05:41 PM   #3
Velocelt
Thanks for the reply, but I should've specified I was interested in captive-bred only. I realize that severely limits selection since it would seem almost no one who breeds Corn Snakes actually keeps and breeds for normal/wild-type. It's almost impossible these days to find anyone selling normals. I've purchased wild-caught like those on the Fauna ad twice in the past. Once was from a reptile show and the second time was from an online ad/seller. In both instances the snakes all had health issues and died or required euthanasia. I was a professional zookeeper for 15 years and I've kept herps for 40 years so I know my husbandry wasn't in question nor did I have any pathogens present in my own collection. I got burned by buying wild-caught that in both cases either had cryptosporidium in a couple cases or "mystery viral pathogen." Wild-caught may be the only way I can acquire the breeding project I want to start, but until I exhaust the possibility of *someone* breeding normals I'm not even considering wild-caught. Thanks again for the suggestion though.

Old 12-05-2020, 08:01 PM   #4
hypnoctopus
Oh dang, sorry to hear you haven't had any luck with wild caught. I've only ever owned captive bred, so I didn't realize wild ones were such a gamble. Maybe try contacting the user bushsnake. He works with some nice localities that are captive bred.

Old 12-07-2020, 05:14 PM   #5
bushsnake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velocelt View Post
Thanks for the reply, but I should've specified I was interested in captive-bred only. I realize that severely limits selection since it would seem almost no one who breeds Corn Snakes actually keeps and breeds for normal/wild-type. It's almost impossible these days to find anyone selling normals. I've purchased wild-caught like those on the Fauna ad twice in the past. Once was from a reptile show and the second time was from an online ad/seller. In both instances the snakes all had health issues and died or required euthanasia. I was a professional zookeeper for 15 years and I've kept herps for 40 years so I know my husbandry wasn't in question nor did I have any pathogens present in my own collection. I got burned by buying wild-caught that in both cases either had cryptosporidium in a couple cases or "mystery viral pathogen." Wild-caught may be the only way I can acquire the breeding project I want to start, but until I exhaust the possibility of *someone* breeding normals I'm not even considering wild-caught. Thanks again for the suggestion though.
Seems like locality corns are making a comeback as im seeing them more often. I see your in chicago. Im in nothern illinois and also into locality corns but im just starting to go down that road. Maybe i can help you find something.

Old 01-15-2021, 10:25 AM   #6
SnakeSmithS
Hi, There are several cbb normal corns with no hets listed on MorphMarket currently. Of course there is a possibility that they are simply visually normal and that the sellers are unaware of potential hets, but it might be worth inquiring. Just thought I'd send you a heads-up. Best of luck with your project

Old 12-27-2023, 09:09 PM   #7
Warshi
I have 6 baby corns that will be 4 months old in Janauary2024. The father is a Butter Corn and the Mother is a Bloodred Corn.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google