CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

Snake is lethargic...

Old 08-27-2015, 03:33 PM   #11
Kwing
So, I talked to the vet and after describing the symptoms, he indicated that she is probably too far gone at this point - I can bring her in, but he is doubtful there is anything he can do. He estimates that she'll die in a day or two. If not, I can bring her in to get put down so she is not suffering. But, I did forget to ask....when she dies, what do I do with her? I know its a morbid question - but any advice? Thanks for listening/reading and your responses.

Old 08-27-2015, 03:43 PM   #12
MysticExotics
I am sorry to hear that. I was afraid of that.

What you do with her is up to you. If you own your own home, you can maybe bury her in your yard somewhere.

Old 08-27-2015, 03:57 PM   #13
jagodzinski
To upload a pic you can either host it from a website like Photobucket or upload it from your computer, which is what I do.

To do that, when you reply to a post, click on 'Go Advanced' under the text box and then click on the paperclip icon next to the white smile face. If you scroll down in the popup, you will see the maximum file size for each type of file. If your pic is too big, just resize using your favorite program and try again.

A pic could help some members here access body condition.

I hope everything is okay and your snakie gets well. Please keep us updated

Old 08-27-2015, 03:59 PM   #14
jagodzinski
Oops - I am very sorry, I didn't see the last two replies.

I am so sorry that happened to your snake. When she passes, I think you could probably put her in a box and bury her.

Old 08-27-2015, 04:01 PM   #15
DollysMom
I'm so sorry. Hugs.

Old 08-27-2015, 04:34 PM   #16
Kwing
Thank you everyone....I never thought I'd get quite this attached to my snake we do have our own home and plan to stay a long time, so burying her might be the best plan.

Thanks for the tip about uploading photos - it may come In handing in the future, if we get another one

Old 08-27-2015, 04:49 PM   #17
DollysMom
For small pets we've lined an appropriately sized cardboard box with cotton (or other biodegradable fabric) and buried them in the back yard. It is not inappropriate to light a candle or make some other gesture or ceremony of your choice to send them off. Love of pets and grief over their loss is very real, so be gentle with yourself. Everyone here understands the attachment we feel for our snake pals.

In the meantime, keep her comfortable and be good to yourself. Hugs and good thoughts.

Old 08-27-2015, 05:06 PM   #18
Nanci
I'm sorry about your snake. It sounds like she did very well with you for many years. Unfortunately, not everyone gets to live the maximum lifespan, which we always find out with the one we care the most about.

Old 08-27-2015, 09:40 PM   #19
XenDrgn
I will send some of our strength your way. Either so she can perk up, or so you can face the loss ahead. I am very sorry to hear your snake is sick.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google