CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

Cohabbing Misfortunes.

Old 09-07-2012, 11:07 PM   #141
Chip
A 20 long isn't big enough for an adult. And I have had a few that were climbers, a lot of young ones will, but they are just more active. I plan on setting up a display "grow out" viv for my Palmetto with a climbing area. Hopefully she'll be one of those that will use it. I might encourage this with a radiant heat panel, but this is still at the planning stages. And to stay on topic, I will not cohab her.

Old 09-07-2012, 11:54 PM   #142
Nanci
You should get a hammock for her! Some of them love hammocks!

Old 09-08-2012, 01:39 AM   #143
Weda737
Mine couldn't give two poops about his hammock, he's king of the log.

Old 09-08-2012, 07:38 AM   #144
Nanci
It's not very natural, but mine sure love those wine boxes :-) They love to hang out the carrying handles in the top. I put crumpled newspaper inside so it's not a wide open space. So handy for removing the snake for feeding! And there are lots of varietals so it's easy to color coordinate with your snake :-) There is even a two-bottle box which is perfect for a 10 gallon for juvies!

Old 09-08-2012, 08:24 PM   #145
SnakeAround
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanci View Post
It's not very natural, but mine sure love those wine boxes :-) They love to hang out the carrying handles in the top. I put crumpled newspaper inside so it's not a wide open space. So handy for removing the snake for feeding! And there are lots of varietals so it's easy to color coordinate with your snake :-) There is even a two-bottle box which is perfect for a 10 gallon for juvies!
You made me curious... I have no clue what wine boxes look like. You have pics to show?

Old 09-08-2012, 11:36 PM   #146
Weda737
lol I don't have to worry about getting mine out for feeding, they poke their heads out any time I move near their viv, such nosy little pac man snakes.

Old 09-08-2012, 11:40 PM   #147
AliCat37
Quote:
Originally Posted by elrojo View Post
A 20 long isn't big enough for an adult.
Is that a personal opinion? I've never once in my life heard that a 20 long is not enough for an adult.. I've been told that that is the perfect size for an adult corn. I see it recommended here almost daily.

Old 09-09-2012, 12:04 AM   #148
Outcast
I think it depends on the individual snake. There are some that a 20 long would not come close to being good enough.

Old 09-09-2012, 06:00 AM   #149
SnakeAround
20 long means 20 inch? That is below what is recommended for 1 corn.

Old 09-09-2012, 06:19 AM   #150
RobbiesCornField
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeAround View Post
20 long means 20 inch? That is below what is recommended for 1 corn.
No, 20 refers to the number of gallons the tank is capable of holding, long refers to the style tank (as opposed to a 20 tall, which would have more air space than ground space).

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google