CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

religion and hybrids

Old 05-25-2013, 03:34 PM   #71
Carpe Serpentis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lennycorn View Post
Here's two http://www.hybridherps.com http://www.hybridhaven.net

And yes, here threads are like hybrids. They don't always stay pure to their natural.
Ahh, well if here threads are more like hybrids, perhaps I have much to gain from this place. I must confess, I do like an opinion that does not always agree with my own. Thank you for the links however. I simply like it when that opinion voices something other than... too long to read. Beyond my level of comprehension.... etc. I mean, for me, I find I would personally find it more stimulating if the person stated that this concept or this sentence... was beyond my comprehension. Did you mean this? Or did you mean this? Or, I disagree.... because of this. But, I do also realize not everyone is capable or desirous of such introspection and reflection. This is a large group and it takes all kinds of diversity. This group is very much like a hybrid group with varying opinions and yes... even threads that are like hybrids themselves so I guess that appeals to me in some way even when it is also sometimes grating on my nerves at others when it seems like no real contribution to a thread is being made. I'm sure the feeling is sometimes mutual.

Old 05-25-2013, 03:38 PM   #72
Carpe Serpentis
In the end, for me it is about respect. I try to respect others. If they write something I don't understand or don't agree with I respect them enough to tell them why or to read the entire post regardless of how I feel about their personal opinion. But then that is me. I think we all do appreciate common courtesy. One good rule of thumb I try to live by is simply this. "Try not to be a jerk." My second rule of thumb... "Try not to hurt others". I think they are both the same rule really, but thats how I think of them and thats how I try to guide my actions, dialogue, etc. I'm not always successful as like anyone else... I do let my emotions get the best of me from time to time.

Old 05-25-2013, 03:38 PM   #73
beautifullywild77
Quote:
was beyond my comprehension. Did you mean this? Or did you mean this? Or, I disagree.... because of this. But, I do also realize not everyone is capable or desirous of such introspection and reflection
So, are you saying I am too stupid to understand what you are talking about? or do you mean I am too ignorant to have an open mind to your ramblings? Talk about personal attack.

Old 05-25-2013, 03:42 PM   #74
Carpe Serpentis
Quote:
Originally Posted by beautifullywild77 View Post
So, are you saying I am too stupid to understand what you are talking about? or do you mean I am too ignorant to have an open mind to your ramblings? Talk about personal attack.
I was not directing anything towards you. Nowhere did I say, Beautifullywild77, this is how I feel about you personally.

Old 05-25-2013, 03:43 PM   #75
beautifullywild77
Ok, I was just doing what you had suggested and asked you to clarify what you meant. I also apologize for hurting your feelings with the "too long, didn't read" meme! Again, I was just being honest!

Old 05-25-2013, 03:44 PM   #76
starsevol
Quote:
That might be what he is saying, but sweetie, why in the world are you wasting your time reading this spittle? Life is to be lived, and is wayyy to short for this nasty old roundabout!

Old 05-25-2013, 03:46 PM   #77
Carpe Serpentis
It is very true though for myself as I don't always desire to talk about the same thing as another. I don't always desire to reflect on why I think the way I do about a given topic. I'm simply not always in the mood. Sometimes, I just want to think a certain way and not look into why. Sometimes it feels good to simply let ones emotions be expressed and not examine them. At least that is true for me personally. I did not mean to upset you Beautifullywild77.

Old 05-25-2013, 03:48 PM   #78
beautifullywild77
Awe Beth, I am stuck in bed on lots of pain pills. I guess, I had nothing better to do.

Old 05-25-2013, 03:51 PM   #79
beautifullywild77
I am totally not upset nor irritated nor angry nor are my feelers hurt!

Old 05-25-2013, 03:52 PM   #80
Carpe Serpentis
Quote:
Ok, I was just doing what you had suggested and asked you to clarify what you meant. I also apologize for hurting your feelings with the "too long, didn't read" meme! Again, I was just being honest!
I appreciate your honesty. I don't like reading things I deem as long... especially so when the topic does not interest me. This topic does however interest me. I am interested in why and how different people perceive things as pure, impure, hybrid, nonhybrid... and the whole justification of being pro or anti-hybrid interests me personally so I can more easily read those things that are long or take a considerable amount of time to read as I am interested in knowing why people feel the way they do about this topic as it does seem to garner a lot of emotional responses. I have read much on the subject and much I don't personally agree with. This is why I am thinking there is something deeper at the core of this issue. Something I am missing or perhaps something that is not simply being expressed in a way that I can grasp it. That doesn't keep me from trying to see all the angles though and it doesn't keep me from wondering as this is an issue I am deeply curious about.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google