CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Administrative > Discussions about this site
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Discussions about this site How is this site doing? Any suggestions to make? This is the forum to talk about this website in general.

must spread around

Old 06-12-2013, 09:51 PM   #11
Nanci
I don't like negative rep. I wouldn't like to see that. Can you just make the score you accumulate be zero?

Old 06-13-2013, 02:47 AM   #12
Rich Z
OK, here's the admin page I use when adjusting settings for the reputation system. I'm sure there won't be a unanimous agreement on the *best* way to do this.

Old 06-13-2013, 05:31 AM   #13
Nanci
Well, I'd like to see the Daily Reputation Clicks Limit go up to say, 10-20? And the Spread go to maybe 4. I don't care if it's displayed; in fact, I think that's distracting.

(Subliminal message: re-enable age display!)

Old 06-13-2013, 07:38 AM   #14
tsst
I would like to see spread set to 1. If I see a post from Nanci that I rep then later she posts something even better I then have to find 10 others to rep that I probably wouldn't have just so I can rep Nanci's second post that day. JMHO

Old 06-13-2013, 08:13 AM   #15
Nanci
But it's worse than that. I think you have to rep 10 others before you can rep me ever again, not just that day. And you can only rep four people a day, so...it gets so dragged out it's virtually meaningless.

Does anyone else really think the actual number is so important that they would be artificially repping people in order to raise that number for them? For me, it's a means of communication.

Old 06-13-2013, 08:17 AM   #16
BloodyBaroness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanci View Post
But it's worse than that. I think you have to rep 10 others before you can rep me ever again, not just that day. And you can only rep four people a day, so...it gets so dragged out it's virtually meaningless.

Does anyone else really think the actual number is so important that they would be artificially repping people in order to raise that number for them? For me, it's a means of communication.
Nah, I do not think people are that attached to the number.

It's more of a nice to token to say "awesome post" and drop a little note to the poster.

I don't care how many green boxes are under my name, I just want to be able to rep messages I think are good or insightful without necessarily having to always post in the thread.

Old 06-13-2013, 08:21 AM   #17
Nanci
It could be argued that you could communicate via PM but It's nearly impossible for me to keep mine below the limit. I hate PMs.

And the whole user page? People use that to ask questions all the time. So then is it proper to reply on their page, or under your page, and what's really the whole point of that, anyway? Visitors to your page see a bunch of random one-sided conversations? The only thing I use people's pages for is for new users, suspected of being spammers, to look up their data and find their other posts.

Old 06-13-2013, 08:22 AM   #18
Nanci
Quote:
Well, I'd like to see the Daily Reputation Clicks Limit go up to say, 10-20? And the Spread go to maybe 4. I don't care if it's displayed; in fact, I think that's distracting.
Really, there, I'm just trying to be reasonable. I would actually like to see it virtually unlimited.

Old 06-13-2013, 08:43 AM   #19
tsst
Quote:
... For me, it's a means of communication.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyBaroness View Post
... It's more of a nice to token to say "awesome post" and drop a little note to the poster.

I don't care how many green boxes are under my name, I just want to be able to rep messages I think are good or insightful without necessarily having to always post in the thread.
This is what I use it for. A personal note saying hey great post.

Old 06-16-2013, 05:48 PM   #20
Rich Z
Yeah, I know I'm dragging my feet on this. Because I just KNOW I'm going to get dozens of emails afterwards from people either upset about their reputation going away, or others just wanting to know what happened.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google