CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Member Forums > Carol's Corner
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Carol's Corner Just a place to park this year's breeding plans and progress, come take a look and see what I have cooking!

Going for seconds...

Old 05-26-2005, 09:32 PM   #1
carol
Going for seconds...

I didn't know kings double clutched, never really gave it any thought or research. My female just seemed to have lumps again so I cautiously put them together and look what happened....

Old 06-21-2005, 09:35 PM   #2
magick-bears
Hey Carol,

I didn't know you did Black Kings. That looks like a very nice pair. Would love a pair if you have any available.

Thanks,
Jeff C.

Old 06-21-2005, 09:56 PM   #3
carol
The first clutch is due sometime this week, that is, if they incubate the same as corns, lol. I'll update you when they start to hatch! I only have one adult pair, I mainly got them for garbage disposals, but I also think they are amazingly beautiful. Who says you can't get Beauty and Functionality?

Old 06-21-2005, 10:07 PM   #4
CornCrazy
Beautiful snakes, Carol! The incubation time is very similar to corns, by the way

Old 06-21-2005, 10:09 PM   #5
magick-bears
Yep they are beautiful. I have always loved Black Kings. I have a pair on order from a breeder down here who also has one pair. So if I get a pair or trio from you I can have unrelated breeders

Jeff C.

Old 06-21-2005, 10:11 PM   #6
carol
Thanks Terri, they are the only thing that allowed me and my hubby to let go of those Black Rats. We both really loved them but knew we needed the space and saying "at least we'll still have the Black Kings" really helped. LOL.

Old 06-21-2005, 10:26 PM   #7
CornCrazy
Quote:
Originally Posted by carol
Thanks Terri, they are the only thing that allowed me and my hubby to let go of those Black Rats. We both really loved them but knew we needed the space and saying "at least we'll still have the Black Kings" really helped. LOL.
Well, I'm glad you let them go! They are awesome! I LOVE them!

Old 06-21-2005, 11:19 PM   #8
magick-bears
Quote:
Originally Posted by carol
Carol,

Those aren't the Licorice Black Rats you got at Anaheim you let go, are they? Those were some nice looking snakes.

~Jeff C.

Old 06-21-2005, 11:23 PM   #9
carol
No, I still have those two. They are still small enough for me to handle, hopefully by the time they get big I'll have more room! One can hope anyway. Terri got some great "Normals" if you can call them that, from Dwight's super solid black line. I was on the waiting list for a long time so Dwight was very accommodating in sending me a great pair. But can't keep 'em all and my sanity at the same time.

Old 06-22-2005, 06:00 AM   #10
CornCrazy
Speaking of licorice rats...it's one of the reasons I am thrilled to have these. I am interested in breeding them with my licorice rats (eventually) in order to see if the pattern on them can be darkened up without cluttering up the side pattern. Of course, it will take me several years to actually get licorice babies, but it'll be fun anyway!

I never expected to like non-corn rat snakes as much as I do! I am now up to 11 (I think). I'll have to go count them to findout for sure! LOL

Edit:
Yep...it's 11. I have 0.1 leucistic Texas Rat, 1.1 licorice black rats (pos het albino), 0.1 black rat het licorice (possible het albino), 1.1 black rats from Dwight's dark line, 1.1 albino yellow rats, 1.1 brindle black rats, and 0.1 white oak phase gray rat.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google