CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

View Poll Results: Peach hypo what do you think it should be called
peach hypo 11 22.00%
peach corn 4 8.00%
peach phase 4 8.00%
peach 31 62.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

peach hypo what do you think it should be called

Old 09-05-2006, 11:37 PM   #91
Joejr14
Excellent, I want to see these guys in person. I'd love to also talk to you about these snakes as well as the two different hypo genes in play.

Of course, I'll also be harassing these snakes with my camera, but that's nothing new.

Old 09-05-2006, 11:42 PM   #92
CornCrazy
Thank you, Rich, for your input. That was what we were all wanting...an explanation. We also appreciate the fact that you are going to do some test breedings in order to determine exactly what genes you are dealing with.

Thanks again for your perspective!

Old 09-05-2006, 11:44 PM   #93
TandJ
Thank you Rich H.. This is a lot easier to understand your thoughts on these "whachamacallit's".... We will be looking forward to the results of the prove out breedings.. I am wondering how much influence from the charcoal side of things has affected these guys...

Regards.. Tim of T and J

Old 09-05-2006, 11:45 PM   #94
Joejr14
Just a quick question...

How sure are we that this 'hypo lav blood' was actually a hypo and not just a light lav blood? Dean has a lav blood that looks pretty damn hypo, but it's not. I think we've learned pretty recently that lavs can be visually sexed, so is this a possibility?

Was this hypo lav blood ever tested out? Would it make sense that it was a lavender blood het hypo?

Old 09-05-2006, 11:51 PM   #95
Vinman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joejr14
Excellent, I want to see these guys in person. I'd love to also talk to you about these snakes as well as the two different hypo genes in play.

Of course, I'll also be harassing these snakes with my camera, but that's nothing new.
joe this is why I think that apic of the two hypo blodreds that I have are important they both look diffrent.

Rich humes: Rich Z has proved the male hypo lavender blood to be a hypo and accoarding it is compatable with hypo A morph that he has bred it to. Me and rich Z had a talk on how he had some breedings of what looked like hypo A to hypo A and produced normals but when the F1 were bred back together he got normal looking hypos. It just might be that when you breed hypo A to hypo A you may not get all hypos out of the clutch. Ther might some unknown factor that prevents this from producing all hypos

Old 09-05-2006, 11:53 PM   #96
carol
It's WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY to early to slap a name on. Only 3 possible specimens and we aren't even sure what morphs are involved?

Sure Vin, you can name it whatever you want. Don't expect a new flashy name to change sales, though.

I couldn't vote. There was no option for "It's too early and combo names are lame."

Old 09-05-2006, 11:57 PM   #97
Serpwidgets
As far as the "hypo/lav/blood" snake that founded the project, I would guess at this point that it was not very likely at all for ultra or another hypo mimic to be mixed in.

I think it's much more likely that the male was simply misidentified. Does a lavender pewter look lighter than a pewter? I don't think anyone can answer that today.

But when bred to an amber het amel it produced non-hypos. That says the snake was not homozygous hypo A. There's really no accounting for that without resorting to sperm retention or immaculate conception. But Rich Hume's normal offspring were carrying dad's charcoal/diffusion/lavender genes, so even those quickly become unrealistic explanations.

If the original male was a hypoA het for ultra, then you still would not have gotten any non-hypos, they all would have been hypos, and some would have been ultramel hypos. But, no normals ever would have resulted in the F1. Since there are normals, and because all of that junk in the previous paragraph, he isn't a hypo.

Old 09-06-2006, 12:04 AM   #98
Drizzt80
Quote:
Originally Posted by TandJ
Personally, your looking really foolish.. Are you a professional or some boob? People have been asking you straight forward questions and you can't answer them very well.
It's not CAN'T, it's WON'T . . . He's this threads 'Thread God' and therefore rules this dominion and can do whatever he wants! Get in step!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinman
read the first post on the thread and sick to the topic I dont give a rat ass about steve
Interesting comment, very interesting . . .

Quote:
no the male was a hypo lavender bloodrerd it is Rich Z main breeder male also The male could have been both hypo lavender bloodred and hypo petwer I asked him to prove it out but he didn't
This being the case, I would guess that Rich Z probably has some adult amber lavender's hanging around that were produced well before yours. Interesting, very interesting. Of course, at this point we don't even know IF it's an amber lavender!! Ha Ha! Interesting . . .

Quote:
It just might be that when you breed hypo A to hypo A you may not get all hypos out of the clutch. Ther might some unknown factor that prevents this from producing all hypos
Yeah, right, your superfabulistical breeding techniques have thwarted even mother nature!! Interesting!

On to more important posts . . .

D80

Old 09-06-2006, 12:15 AM   #99
Drizzt80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Hume
OK, here's the deal on these snakes, from my perspective. Three years ago, I acquired a trio of normal corns from Vin, het for multiple traits, as already discussed on this thread. . . .

The "What Is It?" snake (subject of this thread)

. . . it might (emphasis on might) be an amber lavender, but whatever he was, it would have to be proven by test breedings.

. . .
We got normals, lavenders and caramels, nothing particularly unique. Doesn't necessarily disprove the amber lavender theory, just (in my opinion) casts a little more doubt on it.
Was any Hypo part of the test breeding here? I can't recall how Caramel and Lavender are 'supposed' to interact. Who/what masks each other with all the different Anery's . . . would this info be important here?

. . .

. . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Hume
Now as to my opinion as to what the "what is it" snake is - I don't know. Is it an amber lavender? Is it a new (peach) type of hypo, because Vin produced two of them this year. Is it something unique caused by the smorgasbord of genes (including blood, which we know exerts sometimes exotic effects on het animals) in play here? In my opinion, as Chuck and I agreed last year, it has to be proven. My plan all along was to breed him back to his mom (in the hopes of creating more of whatever he is) plus I have a lavender female set aside for him next year, to see if I produce all lavenders. So I'm not ready to to declare it something new. At a minimum, I have to produce a female this male, breed them together, and see if that union creates all of the same animal.
. . .
Rich Hume
Thanks you for sharing and describing your efforts to proving out the genetics involved here. Luckily (?) it's a male, and will allow you to do this a bit speedier! Second, I was very pleased to read the line "I'm not ready to declare it something new." Can't speak for everybody here, but it really puts you on a level that I truly respect. You're interested in the quality of the genetics and education and not the quick buck! Thanks a ton for enlightening us about this new combo/morph. I too look forward to seeing the results of your breeding efforts. If YOU determine it deserves the name Peach down the road, it would seem to fit as YOU are able to explain exactly what's going on and have evidence to back it up. Of course, YOU may find something else entirely! That's the joy of it!

Thanks for sharing you involvement in this . . . truly!

D80

Old 09-06-2006, 12:26 AM   #100
Vinman
Chuck as I stated befor me and Rich Z had a talk about the hypo gene That there might be a unknown factor that might not let hypo A to hypo A make hypos.
Next year I'm breeding clutch mates to another breeding from the male . from hypo lavender bloodred. crossed to my red female stripe het for blood and anery A.and amel. We will see if they are het for hypo.

then ther is another snake taht I have from that male it is a hypo lavender bloodred crossed to a blood that is het for amel stripe. she was breed to the father of the peach hypo and only 2 eggs hatched one blood and one normal.

I also have 2 other females realted to this project. one is a petwer and a hypoblood. they are from the brother of the hypo lavender bloodred the charcoal ghost breed to his mom. I will be breeding them to the male bloodred het for hypo ,stripe,possible amel,aneryA.

Now here is another twist, the hypos that came out of the parents of the male hypo lavender bloodred and the breeding of his brother, the charcoal ghost to the mom of both males look diffrent that any other hypos that I ever produced from any proven type A hypo. They are more brighter and have more of a fluorescent transparent look to them.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google