CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Administrative > Discussions about this site
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Discussions about this site How is this site doing? Any suggestions to make? This is the forum to talk about this website in general.

starting to bug me

Old 03-31-2009, 07:52 PM   #51
LBoz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghosthousecorns View Post
Consider this my invitation for the Zoloft Margarita party!
I'm in!!

Old 03-31-2009, 08:18 PM   #52
wade
Ah, come on Rich, let it out. Say what you mean.

Old 03-31-2009, 08:57 PM   #53
Susan
Hey Rich...you can share my rubber room...but you can't have my crayon.

Old 03-31-2009, 09:00 PM   #54
Caryl
Quote:
oh wow Rich. Well I haven't done my taxes either. I've just been putting it off until the last minute because I ran my own business last year and it is so hard getting the books in some semblance of order.. I think more people would have their own business if doing the taxes for that wasn't such a hassle.
You're SO right about the taxes! The self employment stuff is a total hassle. My hubby's taking his turn at finishing up that same dreadful task even as I type....

My favorite tax-related giggle is in the IRS explanation of what sorts of income are to be reported as self employment income. The official directive includes specific directive to report ALL FUNDS COLLECTED FROM THE SALE OF ILLEGAL DRUGS!! Yeah, I know that's included to make prosecution for failure to report it legal, but STILL!!!!

Old 03-31-2009, 11:31 PM   #55
Rich Z
Quote:
oh wow Rich. Well I haven't done my taxes either. I've just been putting it off until the last minute because I ran my own business last year and it is so hard getting the books in some semblance of order.. I think more people would have their own business if doing the taxes for that wasn't such a hassle.
Thanks for the invitation..... But I've got a box of aged Valiums in the desk drawer that I bought years ago when things were getting pretty tough around here. Haven't had to touch them in a few years, but I think I may have to tap into them this year before it is over with. Connie is trying hard to keep me sane by taking on more and more of the workload, but she had a an operation on her leg not that long ago, and now has braces on her teeth because of a jaw misalignment problem. So she's not feeling all that spiffy herself.

As for taxes, that is the biggest load of crap that any "free" people have to put up with. Every line on the 1040 form spawns at least three more that you have to do. And this is after Congress passed "tax simplification" years ago. I heard from someone that there was a movement about to mail a teabag to the IRS on April 15th...... Perhaps to signify a nationwide "Boston tea party". Sounds like a good idea to me. So much wasted effort just trying to figure out this tax stuff. All to be spent frivolously by our "representatives" in Washington D.C. on stuff that most of us don't even agree needs to be funded anyway.

I swear, a foam rubber padded room sounds better and better to me with every passing year. Just give me enough padding that I will be able to bounce and I'll be happy........

Old 03-31-2009, 11:44 PM   #56
Susielea
There I was, thinking I was the only one with the winter blues and it turns out lots of people the world over are feeling the same!

I thought some of the recent posts, with those same old questions, requiring the same old answers and then being taken totally off topic, were grating on my nerves more because I've been feeling tetchy and irritable as I've still not fully recovered from my illness last year (I ended up in hospital again yesterday ).

I've refrained from answering many posts over the last few months or so, for fear of being too harsh or snarky with my response, although some people do snarky very well, (not mentioning any names ) I'm afraid I'm not very good at it and it would come across as being nasty, which is the last thing I want to be!

I will say though, that I've enjoyed a lot of the DYK thread and in fact when I was at my lowest ebb, I got a lot of support from members after posting about my illness there. I wouldn't have felt comfortable posting a new thread to tell the forum I'd been so ill, but it felt comfortable doing so there, like a chat with friends over coffee. Also it was/is uplifting to see the random thoughts and feelings of other members that are posted there, the highlights and lowlights of their days, to be happy for them and feel bad with them, and I've probably learned more about the members that post there in the short time that thread has been alive, than I had in the first couple of years of being a member of this forum, so because of all that I'm grateful the thread was started, it's been my form of zoloft if you will

Saying all of that, I'm still looking forward to the more serious cornsnake discussions that I KNOW will start popping up as breeding season really gets going, the trials and tribulations of failed breedings/clutches and the joy of successful breedings/clutches and the new morphs that will WOW us all!

Reading some of the posts in this thread and especially Rich's posts put things more into perspective for me, I really don't know how he manages it all, but am truly grateful for all that he does do, including providing this great forum!!!

Old 04-01-2009, 12:02 AM   #57
SnakeCreations
Quote:
I'm in.

While I read a good majority of posts, I rarely post anymore as well.

Unless of course we're talking tequila AND anti depressants. WOOT!

((Huggss too all you insiders)))

-Tonya

Old 04-01-2009, 12:50 AM   #58
jazzgeek
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeCreations View Post
I'm in.

-Tonya
You mean that's all it's going to take to get you out of the woodwork?

Dale

Old 04-01-2009, 02:11 PM   #59
snakewispera snr
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeCreations View Post
I'm in.

-Tonya
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzgeek View Post

Dale
That would certainly get me out of the woodwork....
Or more than lightly, crashing into it... LOL

Old 04-01-2009, 11:17 PM   #60
SnakeCreations
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzgeek View Post

Dale
LoL... hey Dale Good to see you! Yeah. Pretty much....

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakewispera snr View Post
That would certainly get me out of the woodwork....
Or more than lightly, crashing into it... LOL
but may need a bandaid or two....

Enjoy!

-Tonya

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google