CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Administrative > Discussions about this site
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Discussions about this site How is this site doing? Any suggestions to make? This is the forum to talk about this website in general.

It's been a pleasure! (Resignation Withdrawn)

Old 09-05-2009, 09:41 AM   #21
Drizzt80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Munson View Post
This has absolutely nothing to do with recent events;
I don't believe that part . . . completely. "The straw that broke the camels back." maybe? It's too bad. I believe Rich commented several times in the past that everyone wants moderators until they're the ones moderated. Can't imagine it was any more fun participating here with all the crap you've had to deal with.

Bummer, but hey, I hope you'll be sticking around. I still have to get to Daytona.

D80

Old 09-05-2009, 09:45 AM   #22
starsevol
Aw Dean...I'm crushed. I like the other mods well enough, but you were far and away my favorite. (and the only one who ever yelled at me when I was over the line). I will miss your fairness and wit. This is a dark dark day......

I hope that you come back often and enjoy this site as just a regular guy.

Love you, man!! (((HUGS)))

Old 09-05-2009, 10:03 AM   #23
LBoz
Dean, I can't say I'm surprised, but I hope after a few days of reflection and enjoying your voluntary vacation, you'll reconsider. You can see how many friends you have here that care about you. You're a wonderful moderator who is fair and temperate. There are high, sometimes unreasonable expectations placed on any mod to be "above it all" or beyond reproach. You're human, passionate and compassionate, sensitive, funny and fair. Whether you're a moderator or not, don't walk away from your friends, old and new. It just isn't the same around here without you. xoxo

Old 09-05-2009, 10:17 AM   #24
HanneysCorn
I will miss you! Thank you Dean for all you have done.

Ruth

Old 09-05-2009, 10:42 AM   #25
airenlow
Wait...how can you start a thread when you're suspended? Just kidding!

Sad to see you go, Dean! Now who's going to throw in the obligatory Big Lebowski, Pootie Tang or Star Wars references in the middle of a heated conversation?

Old 09-05-2009, 11:10 AM   #26
Hallie
Dean, I'm shocked. I haven't been around much the last week to know what has gone on, so this has come as a complete surprise. I didn't know you before Daytona, but after spending just a few days with you, I feel like I've known you for quite some time. Thanks for everything you've done around here, you're good people, I hope you don't leave for good.

Old 09-05-2009, 11:19 AM   #27
vetusvates
Dean! I turn my back for one minute. And........
I don't know what to say......and that is a rare thing!

Well. Dean, I will miss your moderation as a moderator. Truly, madly, deeply.

But, have some good deep breaths, sighs, feet on coffee table...and all that kind of thing. I hope you will still be around as a regular guy. You're super great in that area, too. You're one of the most thinking, sophisticated people I know.

Old 09-05-2009, 11:23 AM   #28
Roy Munson
Thanks for the support, folks. Yes, I sort of snapped last night. You are very perceptive, Brent. I was not completely honest about the contribution of recent events here to my rash decision. But I was not and am not fishing for sympathy, and I wasn't trying to be a "drama llama."

Forgive me for making a scene, or acting like a donkey. I just posted this in the mod forum:

Quote:
Well, I may not gave been completely honest in my first post. I think some of the recent events and negativity was getting to me, and I just snapped a bit. If Rich doesn't mind, I'd like to withdraw my resignation and just ask for a bit of a mod vacation. I DO need to concentrate on some other elements of my life, but I'm hoping it won't take too long. If Rich accepts this arrangement, I'll still remain on spam patrol, but I'd like to stay out of the more delicate aspects of modding for a month or two. If you guys think that this isn't fair, or if there are other problems with this temporary arrangement, I'll understand if I have to be removed from the team.

Thanks guys and Susan,
Dean
I won't be replying for a couple of days; I'm supposed to be on suspension!

Old 09-05-2009, 11:28 AM   #29
Rich in KY
I certainly hope you are able to return to your mod duties!!!

This site is better with you.

Old 09-05-2009, 11:30 AM   #30
LBoz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich in KY View Post
I certainly hope you are able to return to your mod duties!!!

This site is better with you.
Agreed!!!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google