CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions This is a "none of the above" forum. All posts should still be related to cornsnakes in one form or another, but some slight off topic posting is fine.

website hunt

Old 11-07-2002, 01:48 PM   #1
XxRachxX
Unhappy website hunt

i was on a reptile website and it had instructions on how to make your own rockface for you viv using polestyrene etc...(bad spelling) and i cant remember what it was called can anybody help me? i reaaaallly need to find it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-07-2002, 02:52 PM   #2
Axe
I've got a feeling that was my site you're talking about

Here's the article

Have fun

Old 11-07-2002, 02:55 PM   #3
XxRachxX
Talking

OOhOOH OOOOHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i love you!!!!!!!!!! did u get the idea urself? its great and the site too! very helpful did i mention i love you??? ^_^ my snakeys gonna have a purty house THANKS!

Old 11-08-2002, 08:33 PM   #4
Missymonkey
Mmm lead chips my favorite

That doesn't look to safe for corns though, paint thinner and insulation in a can??!!

what do you guys think? It does look very neat, O'm wondering if there is a safer way to make this?

Old 11-09-2002, 07:07 AM   #5
XxRachxX
why?

the polystrene and paint thinner and foamy stuff is covered in tile adhesive stuff so they wouldnt be able to get at it. and it has to be aired out for a few days before you put the animal in so it wont get gassed to death by evil fumes and stuff^_^
if its safe for lizards it should be safe for corns.
btw why dont you think its safe??

Old 11-09-2002, 07:25 AM   #6
whiffin
Perhaps someone can correct me if I'm wrong but ...

surely, even if the tile adhesive was toxic, if you covered the whole lot in Yaught varnish it would "seal" the bad bits in

Just a thought

Old 11-09-2002, 12:42 PM   #7
Axe
The article was actually written by a girl in Germany. I saw it over on Kingsnake.com, and I got talking to her. She offered to let me put a copy of the article on my site.

I really don't know how good it would be for corns. I didn't even think about it for their enclosures as I've got mine in a rack.

I have used this on a bearded dragon enclosure though, and it worked well. The paint thinner dissipates into the air VERY quickly after it's done what it's needed to do, and after a couple of days there are practically no traces of it left - barely even a smell.

With the tile adhesive covering it - which isn't toxic if buy one that says "non-toxic" on the label - that adds the extra safety.

Most tile adhesives are not toxic in the slightest once dry - given that most tile adhesives are for bathrooms and kitchens where non-toxicity and cleanliness are of paramount importance.

You just have to make sure it's all dry and there's no loose flakey bits that could get eaten.

If you've got a fairly decent sized tank, or custom built enclosure, with an adult corn, I don't see why this wouldn't work quite well for them. Although, you may have to double check all your anti-escape measures now that the snake may have a higher perch from which to push open tank lids n' stuff

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google