• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Paradox Albino Cape House snake.

Tavia

Elemental Exotics
Had this little one hatch out 3 days ago and it had some issues, an enlarged eye and a half absorbed yolk, that I was thinking it would either die from or I'd have to euthanize it.
Surprisingly, after 3 days of care it now looks like it might have a chance. The eye has shrunk to a normal size, though I believe it might be blind in that eye and the belly button is misshapen but closing. Have to see if it will eat and if it can pass food but feel better about sharing pictures of this Paradox Albino Cape House snake now.

DSC_0499_zpsrduf2zso.jpg

DSC_0501_zpsbre5d6fp.jpg

DSC_0502_zpsrvpvpcn9.jpg

DSC_0503_zpsp9uufjol.jpg

DSC_0504_zpsiv2g9ti4.jpg

I hope the little darling pulls through. Do you think the paradox mutation played a role in the physical issues?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I don't know, this is the first Paradox I've ever hatched and I don't know much about it in species other than Sand boas. It's a simple recessive and predictable in inheritance with them but I think that they are the only species that is true of. The others are random.

Post first shed update on little Carrot.

Someone said that it looked like a moldy carrot and I can't disagree, so Carrot it is!

Bum eye looked bad during shed but is looking much better now. She is losing it but it seems like it is going to heal well.

Refused first feeding attempt but despite that, I've got a better feeling about her chances now. (Only 60% sure on gender, haven't popped her yet.) Tail shape looks male but can't see 'penes by candling ...

DSC_0523_zps8j3022vh.jpg

DSC_0525_zpsdwyb6itb.jpg

DSC_0526_zpslkhcikse.jpg

DSC_0527_zpsaup7qvaa.jpg

DSC_0528_zps8ykrbdrd.jpg

DSC_0529_zpsa5tvimig.jpg

DSC_0530_zpsmzghzhdj.jpg

DSC_0532_zps40wi1oo6.jpg

DSC_0534_zpsicqz9qqo.jpg

DSC_0536_zpsgsktroyl.jpg

DSC_0537_zpsizepmbcf.jpg

DSC_0538_zps2wtpgxcp.jpg

Carrot is looking good! You think he'll lose the eye? Hopefully he eats for you shortly, he's such a precious little thing. I'm pulling for a full recovery!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Such a sweet little one. I love Carrot. I hope Carrot eats for you. I'm so glad she has a chance and that the blind eye is not causing further problems. Clyde is sending some of his mojo her way!

Such a sweet little one. I love Carrot. I hope Carrot eats for you. I'm so glad she has a chance and that the blind eye is not causing further problems. Clyde is sending some of his mojo her way!

So are Coco and Twister!

Took some new pictures of Carrot last night. Still not eating on her own but otherwise is doing well.

DSC_0856_zpsuvmgkt47.jpg

DSC_0857_zpshn6stuws.jpg

DSC_0859_zpslulpp6cb.jpg

DSC_0860_zpsesxcn5ck.jpg

DSC_0861_zpsdmkbktpl.jpg

DSC_0862_zpsb5zhfb84.jpg

DSC_0863_zpsvf1ce6mv.jpg

DSC_0864_zpsjotcitcn.jpg

Ha, yeah, she is just very lazy! Needs her mouth opened and a mouse tail inserted before she deigns to swallow!

She IS the Queen, she believes. But she's just a stinker. So is Twister. He still rattles at every meal. Lol

Awesome! Carrot today with a full belly. She finally ate on her own!

My live rodent supplier had a litter of very small newborns this time and one of the other non eating House snakes also ate last night. Leaves me just one non eater.

DSC_0901_zpskyoz7izk.jpg

DSC_0902_zpsohoca8wr.jpg

DSC_0903_zpsqnpfyexw.jpg

Awesome! I'm pulling for her. Of course I want all your little ones to make it, but this one hatched with two strikes against her. She's so special. Love seeing that full tummy.

A bit ago two of the other non eaters took F/T, they've now eaten twice. That was such a relief! Have way too many live eaters. Though with the house snakes, I'm always just so happy they are eating at all, that it's hard to complain about the live eaters.

I think you have done very well with the house snake feeding all things considered. It is frustrating because once they get with the program they eat f/t very well. The only time Clyde is hesitant is in very early shed. When I have to entice him with mouse wiggling I know that a shed is coming and that he'll shortly be in blue. It never fails.

Back