CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > General Chit-Chat Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

General Chit-Chat Forum Discussion about general topics that are really off topic concerning corn snakes, or just about any old chit at all.

A Small Request For A Little Assistance
Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2011, 09:36 AM   #1
Susan
Exclamation A Small Request For A Little Assistance

To the General Membership,

The moderators would greatly appreciate a little help moderating this site. Although we tend to spend a great deal of time on this forum, we simply cannot read every single post in a timely manner. When someone violates one of the site rules, please report it to the mods as soon as possible so that we can take care of the issue. Some of you are very good at reporting posts, but a perfect example of too much time elapsing between the violation of the rules and the report occurred over the past 12+ hours. A non-Contributing member posted a For Sale ad. The violation was observed by another member within minutes of the post and the offending member was informed of the rules. At least two more posts were made repeating the fact that the OP was in violation of the rules over the next 12 hours. It wasn't until then that finally yet another member (that wasn't any of the those involved in the 16 post count thread) reported the post to the mods so we could take care of it.

Thank you for your attention and your future assistance in matters like these.

Susan - Moderator

PS - Rules about frivolous post reporting still stand, just in case one of the Wisenheimers on this site feels they were just given carte blanche to report every little thing that irks them.

Old 02-21-2011, 05:33 PM   #2
medusacoils
Too bad a global setting couldn't be changed to prevent old posts from being reported. Maybe 7-10 days max?

Now that I am back, I will do my best to keep an eye out.

Wayne

Old 01-20-2012, 12:07 PM   #3
Randy J.
This is on a totally different subject, but I need help posting pics, to my profile and albums.. I resized a pic less than 320x320, and it still would not post.. Is this site non apple friendly?? I work on an iPhone 4, and an iPad2... Just want to show off Elmo, my beautiful Butter Corn juvenile, and my other reptiles... Please help!!!!

Old 01-20-2012, 01:25 PM   #4
Susan
If you are using the "Manage Attachment" function, you have to make sure that all the parameters fall within the limits allowed...pixel size, fine size (KB) and format (jpeg, bmp, etc) being uploaded from your computer. If you are trying to upload directly from an iPhone or iPad, that may also be the problem, but I cannot be 100% sure as I do not own either one of those gizmos.

Further discussion needs to go in the Discussions About This Forum section and not in a stickied thread about something completely different.

Quote:
Attachment Key

Filetype Max Filesize Max Width Max Height
bmp 146.5 KB 800 600
doc 146.5 KB - -
gif 439.5 KB 800 800
jpe 146.5 KB 800 600
jpeg 146.5 KB 800 600
jpg 293.0 KB 800 1024
pdf 9.54 MB - -
png 293.0 KB 800 800
psd 146.5 KB - -
txt 146.5 KB - -
zip 146.5 KB - -

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google

Closed Thread