• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

My first official breeding season!!

Baby #2 looks like a fairly typical aztec. They can and do just pop up in clutches and sometimes be the only one. I had a rather decent partial zig-zag pop up in my first clutch last year, and she was the only one.

Wow Heather!!!! I've been off of the forums too much lately, focusing on studying and work (finals soon to be over in 2 weeks, thank the Lord). I just now saw this thread.

What amazing looking babies, I am so happy. There are most certainly some unique looking ones in there and some really gorgeous stripes as well. Even the 'normals' are unique! A BIG Congratulations.

Taz sure did his duty well! I can't wait to see what they look like after first shed.. see how the colors start to emerge.

Wow Heather!!!! I've been off of the forums too much lately, focusing on studying and work (finals soon to be over in 2 weeks, thank the Lord). I just now saw this thread.

What amazing looking babies, I am so happy. There are most certainly some unique looking ones in there and some really gorgeous stripes as well. Even the 'normals' are unique! A BIG Congratulations.

Taz sure did his duty well! I can't wait to see what they look like after first shed.. see how the colors start to emerge.
Tara, did you get my voicemail (sorry it was so late at night) I wanted to let you know we had babies hatching :)

Taz did really good! 12 babies out of the egg now, waiting for three more to hatch.
LMK if there's any that are of particular interest to you. I have a few of my favorites.

I'm anxious to see them shed! These are going to be some stunning babies!

Not to mention the fact that we have 18 more eggs cooking right now, that will also be spectacular! :)

-tucks Baby #4 in my pocket-

What a great looking pile o' critters!
LOL Thank you :)

I almost typed "DYK" :D

Maybe the big eggs will be twins!! -finger crossed-
They do not appear to be twins, although that would be cool.
I was surprised at how little they all are, even coming form big eggs. I expected them to be bigger. The biggest one is 6.5grams. There's one little one at 4grams.

i suspect that the messed up tesserra is a motley mix :) you seem to have a bit of motleying happening on some of the hatchies, i wonder if that one in particular might just be motley tesserra?
I was told that there ahve been other Motley-ish & Aztec-ish babies out of Tessera's. They seem to have an influence on even the normal babies. I plan on holding back several, including the normals, to see how they grow up.
Heather thanks for all the pics they are so awesome. You must be on the ceiling with excitement.
Thanks! I slept 3 hours, in about 27 hours, & then I took a 2 hr nap this after noon. I don't think I can stay up way late again to wait for the last three to hatch.

Oh wow! Look at all those babies! Makes me think i need to leave the house for a bit lol.

And you guys doubted me....LOL ;)

Wow,
I'm just so pumped for you...and actually it's given me new life as well!! :) I just cant wait to see my lil pippies!!!

Baby #2 looks like a fairly typical aztec. They can and do just pop up in clutches and sometimes be the only one. I had a rather decent partial zig-zag pop up in my first clutch last year, and she was the only one.
Was that out of a Tessera clutch?

Wow,
I'm just so pumped for you...and actually it's given me new life as well!! :) I just cant wait to see my lil pippies!!!

Thank you! I will be just as excited for you when you have new babies!

This is an awesome year, starting off with breeding. I have another Tessera clutch incubating (18 eggs!)

Two more have hatched. Baby #13 has a zigzag pattern & baby #14 is another Aztec-ish type.
I think the last egg is a Tessera, but I'm not sure. I'm trying not to stress it out. Hopefully it will hatch today.

Attachments

• 001mica13zigzag.jpg
    001mica13zigzag.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 115
  • 004mica13zigzag.jpg
    004mica13zigzag.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 115
  • 003mica13zigzag.jpg
    003mica13zigzag.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 115
  • 006mica14aztec.jpg
    006mica14aztec.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 115
  • 007mica14aztec.jpg
    007mica14aztec.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 115
LOL-I'm beside myself excited to have Tessera's in my first year breeding...not one, but TWO clutches!!

Kaia's clutch should start hatching about June 20th.

Exactly! Even with splittinng the clutches, I feel like I won the lottery with all these fabulous babies! I'm very grateful!

Jeesh!! Kiljoy!! LOL All I'm waiting on is Charcoals,Ultramel Charcoals, And Blizzards....hardly comparable to 2 clutches of tessera's!! LOL

I should have had three clutches, but my Alabama pairing didn't pan out. There was one good egg, but it doesn't seem to be good anymore. I'm keeping it incubating just in case, as it is within a few days of hatching, if it is a good egg.

I'm trying for a clutch out of Kaela, since she laid slugs, proving to be female, but I don't know if it will work. If not, it's ok, she's slated to be paired up with my new Miami Motley male next year.
Also, there's a good chance I could be borrowing the Tessera male again next year, for another female at my house :D

:headbang::headbang::headbang: Ok..wanna play hardball!!! :)
I MIGHT...Just might have in my possession by the end of this year....wait for it.....wait for it......A LAVA Stripe...Ooooooooo.....Sizzle!!!! :nyah:

(All in fun....Of course)
disclaimer is added for the protection of those not aware of the current conversation.....

:headbang::headbang::headbang: Ok..wanna play hardball!!! :)
I MIGHT...Just might have in my possession by the end of this year....wait for it.....wait for it......A LAVA Stripe...Ooooooooo.....Sizzle!!!! :nyah:

(All in fun....Of course)
disclaimer is added for the protection of those not aware of the current conversation.....

Haha!I'm jealous! I will eventually be adding Lava to my collection :)

Back