CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Breeding/Egg Production & Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Breeding/Egg Production & Care Any topics concerning breeding of the cornsnake, brumation, egg laying, or issues concerning problems in any step along the way.

My first official breeding season!!

Old 05-23-2011, 11:31 AM   #81
Christen
I love baby #2 his pattern is just to cool.

Old 05-23-2011, 11:39 AM   #82
Shiari
Baby #2 looks like a fairly typical aztec. They can and do just pop up in clutches and sometimes be the only one. I had a rather decent partial zig-zag pop up in my first clutch last year, and she was the only one.

Old 05-23-2011, 02:51 PM   #83
Tara80
Wow Heather!!!! I've been off of the forums too much lately, focusing on studying and work (finals soon to be over in 2 weeks, thank the Lord). I just now saw this thread.

What amazing looking babies, I am so happy. There are most certainly some unique looking ones in there and some really gorgeous stripes as well. Even the 'normals' are unique! A BIG Congratulations.

Taz sure did his duty well! I can't wait to see what they look like after first shed.. see how the colors start to emerge.

Old 05-24-2011, 02:49 AM   #84
MysticExotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tara80 View Post
Wow Heather!!!! I've been off of the forums too much lately, focusing on studying and work (finals soon to be over in 2 weeks, thank the Lord). I just now saw this thread.

What amazing looking babies, I am so happy. There are most certainly some unique looking ones in there and some really gorgeous stripes as well. Even the 'normals' are unique! A BIG Congratulations.

Taz sure did his duty well! I can't wait to see what they look like after first shed.. see how the colors start to emerge.
Tara, did you get my voicemail (sorry it was so late at night) I wanted to let you know we had babies hatching

Taz did really good! 12 babies out of the egg now, waiting for three more to hatch.
LMK if there's any that are of particular interest to you. I have a few of my favorites.

I'm anxious to see them shed! These are going to be some stunning babies!

Not to mention the fact that we have 18 more eggs cooking right now, that will also be spectacular!

Old 05-24-2011, 03:01 AM   #85
MysticExotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyBaroness View Post
-tucks Baby #4 in my pocket-

What a great looking pile o' critters!
LOL Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyBaroness View Post
I almost typed "DYK"

Maybe the big eggs will be twins!! -finger crossed-
They do not appear to be twins, although that would be cool.
I was surprised at how little they all are, even coming form big eggs. I expected them to be bigger. The biggest one is 6.5grams. There's one little one at 4grams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draekaar View Post
i suspect that the messed up tesserra is a motley mix you seem to have a bit of motleying happening on some of the hatchies, i wonder if that one in particular might just be motley tesserra?
I was told that there ahve been other Motley-ish & Aztec-ish babies out of Tessera's. They seem to have an influence on even the normal babies. I plan on holding back several, including the normals, to see how they grow up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by susang View Post
Heather thanks for all the pics they are so awesome. You must be on the ceiling with excitement.
Thanks! I slept 3 hours, in about 27 hours, & then I took a 2 hr nap this after noon. I don't think I can stay up way late again to wait for the last three to hatch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airidies View Post
Oh wow! Look at all those babies! Makes me think i need to leave the house for a bit lol.
And you guys doubted me....LOL

Old 05-24-2011, 05:27 AM   #86
rich333
Wow,
I'm just so pumped for you...and actually it's given me new life as well!! I just cant wait to see my lil pippies!!!

Old 05-24-2011, 03:01 PM   #87
MysticExotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiari View Post
Baby #2 looks like a fairly typical aztec. They can and do just pop up in clutches and sometimes be the only one. I had a rather decent partial zig-zag pop up in my first clutch last year, and she was the only one.
Was that out of a Tessera clutch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich333 View Post
Wow,
I'm just so pumped for you...and actually it's given me new life as well!! I just cant wait to see my lil pippies!!!
Thank you! I will be just as excited for you when you have new babies!

This is an awesome year, starting off with breeding. I have another Tessera clutch incubating (18 eggs!)

Two more have hatched. Baby #13 has a zigzag pattern & baby #14 is another Aztec-ish type.
I think the last egg is a Tessera, but I'm not sure. I'm trying not to stress it out. Hopefully it will hatch today.

Old 05-24-2011, 04:03 PM   #88
carol
Congrats Heather!

Old 05-24-2011, 05:01 PM   #89
Nanci
Wow, I really like 13! If it's a girl, you should name her 13, like on House.

Old 05-24-2011, 05:29 PM   #90
Airidies
Lol Nanci! <3 House

Beautiful babies ^-^ I just love those Aztec patterns!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google