CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Breeding/Egg Production & Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Breeding/Egg Production & Care Any topics concerning breeding of the cornsnake, brumation, egg laying, or issues concerning problems in any step along the way.

The Egg Watch Continues . . .

Old 07-13-2016, 04:18 PM   #41
axis1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DollysMom View Post
It's like Christmas in July, with snow no less! What a wonderful thing to wake up to.
Yes! Wonderful! I agree! Just wondering how long it will take for all who are going to hatch to actually hatch!! 3 are totally out and seem fine. #4 has its head out since last night (early this morning) and #5 just breached its shell. I found myself taking the ones that are almost out and transferring them to their own containers, including ones that have had their heads out for more than 24 hours as I don't want them to actually get loose in the container where the eggs incubated, only because of the mold & mildew (that one egg on the end is responsible for most of it and it looks like a big, giant booger! Can't imagine anything coming outta THAT thing alive!!). But, there's 11 other eggs that haven't yet been breached!!

Is that normal? 7/11 was the first one. It's 7/13 and only 3 out of 5 are all the way out, out of a total of 17 eggs!!!

Just wondering.

Old 07-14-2016, 01:01 AM   #42
axis1
Patience!!

Anticipation can be nerve wracking!!! That's #'s 5 & 6 respectively!

Old 07-14-2016, 01:07 AM   #43
axis1
Also, last year I only had 3 hatchings successfully come out of 12 eggs, but each was so different looking from each other. With this clutch, they all seem to be snow corns. Not complaining, as they are all beautiful! Morph selection is just a strange process! I also never saw hatchings so small!! I hope day-old pinkies are in abundant supply!!

Old 07-14-2016, 07:19 AM   #44
DollysMom
I'm glad they are still hatching. So cute! The good news is that snows are in demand so finding homes should be easier.

Have you got a weight on any? If you haven't already, I'd start sourcing my pinkies now so you have them on hand when you need them. One day pinkies are easy to come by as long as you don't mind paying shipping.

Old 07-14-2016, 08:29 AM   #45
Nanci
I always forget, year to year, how actually small they are!

Old 07-14-2016, 09:33 AM   #46
axis1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DollysMom View Post
I'm glad they are still hatching. So cute! The good news is that snows are in demand so finding homes should be easier.

Have you got a weight on any? If you haven't already, I'd start sourcing my pinkies now so you have them on hand when you need them. One day pinkies are easy to come by as long as you don't mind paying shipping.
No choice on the shipping, as this is a "good problem" I was actually looking forward to!!!

Didn't weigh any yet, because I didn't want to handle them so newly hatched, but you're right. I think I'll weigh #5 who just came out and looks like the first morph who's slightly different than the rest!

I just uploaded a short clip to YouTube. (Appreciate the advice Nanci, but I just couldn't decipher your instructions earlier, though I HAVE tried, only to notice that while I'm sitting there THINKING hard, I distinctly noticed the smell of wood burning!! So I stopped immediately!!)

Anywho, here's the link: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vTyYs56_Rtk

Maybe someone can tell me what morph this runt is?

Old 07-14-2016, 09:35 AM   #47
axis1
Morph of a different color!!

Old 07-14-2016, 09:37 AM   #48
axis1
#'s 7 & 8!

Old 07-14-2016, 09:48 AM   #49
axis1
BTW

As per Dollysmom's question/suggestion, I just weighed the feisty little morph who looks different than the rest that's posted above in post #47 and it weighed in at a whopping 6 grams!! (I thought it would be lighter!).

Poor thing was frightened to death!!! Just comes out of its shell and gets plucked from safely by a gigantic hand, so it's no wonder!!!!

Oh well, I'm off shopping for day-olds!!

Old 07-14-2016, 10:36 AM   #50
DollysMom
I don't know what morph little different is, but s/he sure is pretty. Is there some striping of some kind? The skittishness is the sign of a very healthy normal hatchling IMO. Keep the good news coming Axis. Looking good!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google