CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Corn Snake Photo Gallery
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Corn Snake Photo Gallery Show them off! Post photos of your prizes and your favorities for everyone else to see and comment on.

Popcorn the baby butter corn

Old 03-15-2018, 08:25 PM   #1
DandelionDeity
Popcorn the baby butter corn

He's my first snake, I got him from prismatic reptiles yesterday. I had to handle him when I got him yesterday to get him into his tank, and then of course he immediately spilled water everywhere and I had to change out the paper towel (he's getting substrate in a couple weeks) First thing I've noticed is that he's 1) fearless 2) loves climbing more than anything. He's definitely getting lots of climbing space in his next enclosure. Here's my pictures I have of him from when I first opened him up and he explored and the last two are how I found him asleep today. Just wedged up on the ledge fast asleep (I was worried maybe he's dead but of course he couldn't hold himself up if he was, and he did that recently as he wasn't there when I turned the light on) (I still don't plan on handling him until Monday, then I'll feed him a pinky and put him back for a couple days)

Old 03-15-2018, 08:30 PM   #2
DandelionDeity
Oops forgot the pictures

Old 03-16-2018, 12:50 AM   #3
mcnann_fam
I love his coloring. What an active little guy.

Old 03-16-2018, 12:51 AM   #4
CornsAustria
Careful ! Cornsnakes are masters in escaping ! If you need ideas - here are a any of my tanks
love butters as well but I only have a butter lava striped

Old 03-16-2018, 01:56 AM   #5
DandelionDeity
He has four locks on his tank lid but next one he's getting a larger tub with a full locking lid and hopefully some bird perches drilled in for him to climb. My dream enclosure for him is a 6ft long animal plastics but for now when he gets much bigger I'm getting him the 4x2x2 Christmas tub from Target. He's still too small for anything like that but I have lots of ideas for when he gets big (after seeing some progress pictures it seems like it happens faster than you realize. He's already longer than a foot. Probably 17-18 inches I would guess)

Old 03-17-2018, 12:03 AM   #6
Seaweedthesnake
His colors look very rich and buttery (hehe) and I also like how noodly he looks hanging out at the top of the enclosure!

Both my little ones did the noodle thing like yours at the tops of their enclosures when I first got them so they received some plants and logs that are strong enough to hold them which they very much enjoy noodling their way all over c:

Very cute!

Old 03-17-2018, 09:54 PM   #7
DandelionDeity
Popcorn decided today that he wanted to be a living lasso for his sleeping spot. Also a picture of his current tank. He's my first snake and I've tried to set it up the best I can

Old 03-19-2018, 07:35 PM   #8
jautumn75
What a little cutie! He's about the same size/age as my new baby (a hypo male) and he's been cruising the ledge under his lid too. They're so fun to watch when they're babies and everything is new. Enjoy your little one and take lots of pics as he grows, you'll enjoy seeing the progression of his coloring. Love the name Popcorn too, perfect for a butter!

Old 05-05-2018, 09:29 PM   #9
DandelionDeity
Update on baby Popcorn! So far, he's the best eater I've heard of. I can hang feed him f/t soaked in water absolutely anywhere and he'll eat it. Blue phase or not. Even if I tug on it to try and get him to constrict he doesn't even stop eating. He's only struck at the food once though, he's so gentle he just places his mouth on it and eats. He's gotten to be 31g last time I weighed him and he's on a fuzzy every 6 days.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google