CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Breeding/Egg Production & Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Breeding/Egg Production & Care Any topics concerning breeding of the cornsnake, brumation, egg laying, or issues concerning problems in any step along the way.

Oh nooo....

Old 04-06-2008, 07:46 AM   #91
Jrgh17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tula_Montage View Post
I havent bothered her for 2 days now, but i lifted the edge of the towel to see that her hide was empty so she must be in her laybox. Shes been there for two days and im desperate to check but I don't want to... ahh
You're doing great, Elle. Be strong.

I'm sure I'll be in your boat in a little less than a month. Then you can read my thread about Meara driving me crazy and encourage me to leave her alone.

Old 04-06-2008, 07:48 AM   #92
Tula_Montage
Well I will check her late late late tonight or early tomorrow morning...

Old 04-06-2008, 07:56 AM   #93
KJUN
Not to combat anything you've learned about patience, but I do check on mine GENTLY at least once per day. Crack the laying box lid and peek in...or lift it up and look from the bottom. That way, you don't let a problem go for 2-3 days if one DOES develop! If you can't check without disturbing her, KEEP WAITING. If you can check without her really "knowing" you did it, I don't think checking GENTLY once per day is wrong. Just don't jump the gun and assume she is done just because you see an egg or two in the nest box. If she looks done with no problems, wait a day to pull her out.....lol. If there DOES seem to be a problem (like she has laid some eggs but the rest are real high and not moved....then check back the next day to make sure they have moved down some or something.
KJ

Old 04-06-2008, 08:07 AM   #94
Tula_Montage
Thanks dude. I'll wait till tonight to check on her. Shes in her laybox and it would mean lifting it all out, opening the lid, lifting the moss to see if shes layed etc. Ill give her until midnight

Old 04-06-2008, 05:08 PM   #95
Tula_Montage
I checked on her for the first time in 2 days this evening and I found another 3 slugs and it looks like the eggs have moved further down inside her. Shes now jumpy, pissy and was not impressed about me removing the 3 slugs. I also found a dried up slug in her warm hide so thats 8 slugs so far. This really sucks.

Old 04-06-2008, 05:11 PM   #96
KJUN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tula_Montage View Post
I checked on her for the first time in 2 days this evening and I found another 3 slugs and it looks like the eggs have moved further down inside her. Shes now jumpy, pissy and was not impressed about me removing the 3 slugs. I also found a dried up slug in her warm hide so thats 8 slugs so far. This really sucks.
In the future, just leave the eggs - good or bad - until she is done. Removing the eggs is MUCH worse disturbance than just peeking at her.

KJ

Old 04-06-2008, 05:17 PM   #97
Tula_Montage
Ohhh ok I wish I had known that LOL

I have out them in the incubator anyway as they are somewhat questionable. If they are slugs I'll know soon enough.

Old 04-06-2008, 05:25 PM   #98
patm1313
Well, think on the positive side Elle. Atleast she is passing eggs and is not Egg-Bound.

Wishing the best of luck,
Patm1313

Old 04-06-2008, 05:29 PM   #99
Tula_Montage
Thats so true... thank you.

Old 04-06-2008, 05:30 PM   #100
connord94
I can't really say anthing except good luck!

Connor

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google